Thread: PSP Game Editing Possible?

DCEmu Newbie

Default PSP Game Editing Possible?

Anyone know if it is possible to edit the game content from UMD games? I was playing Untold Legends the other day and got to thinking about editing the player skins or creating custom graphics for items weapons etc. Since it is possible to rip the information from the UMD, I wouldn't see why somone couldn't take it one step further and find a way to open some of the files to find out where the graphics are kept. Creating custom skins would be the easy part. Then just create an altered "pack" file or whatever the original file format is that contains the graphics and use that in place of the original.

OR the other way of editing:

I know a few game I've played for the pc that all you needed to do to run custom skins was to create a separate directory that held the custom graphics. In this case a dir on the MS containing the custom graphics and have it point to source graphics. (AKA: the game content on the UMD disk).
    Although the game might need to support editing this way for it to work.

It's been done for almost every game out on pc by editing the graphic files so psp game editing doesn't seem very far fetched. . Or is it?

DCEmu Newbie

Im waiting for a kick ass game that will give you a skin template and a map editor for pc and mac and then you put the files on your psp mem stick and can use them as addons
    like Unreal Tournamet that would so rock

DCEmu Newbie

Well, you could use the method of the ISO shrinkers if it has graphics in the packed files (or whatnot) then you could just repack it with your custom graphics instead of repacking movies and songs... I haven't looked at UL so I can't tell for sure but there has to be textures in there somewhere.

.shin

1- it's not possible to reburn the UMD :P
    2- could be possible with IPS patches if using ISOs

it would be cool...

DCEmu Newbie

Well the idea would be to run the game off the mem stick. Just rip your UMD copy of Untold Legends to the MS then do all your graphic editing. And play it with a loader.

Thread Information