The fact that gamers “have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than PS3” is part of the reason why PS4 has so far outsold Xbox One.
That’s according to chief marketing and strategy officer Yusuf Mehdi, who has told Forbes that there are three reasons he can identify for the fact that Sony has sold 7m PS4s and Microsoft has shipped 5m Xbox Ones.
“It’s hard to really assess the gap in sales,” he argued. “They’re in many more markets right now than we are. They’re in 40+ markets, we’re in 13.
“People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3, so in that respect people have less of a need to upgrade in the short term due to regular updates for the Xbox 360. We could point to any number of things.
“That said, we’ve heard from a lot of our Xbox fans who say, ‘Hey look, I want an Xbox One, but at $499, I probably have to wait a little while before I can afford to get one.’ I do think we’re going to get people now who move over, and then buy the Kinect later.
“So I do think the [new cheaper Kinect-free SKU] broadens the appeal and hopefully brings more people to Xbox One sooner.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-...argues/0132445