Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SCAM: Dreamcast.com

Thank you for the link, wakaia.

In other news, here's a statement of the SOA board admin SegaDawg:
    http://boards2.sega.com/sega_board/v...111861#2111861

Folks,

This is the first I'm hearing about all this. Although sometimes Japan and/or Europe run promotions that we never hear about on the American side, this whole thing really looks like a scam.

Unfortunately I'm quite busy this week and don't have the time to make a bunch of phone calls/inquiring emails to try to track down who exactly is behind this. My advice is to just treat this as an illegitimate operation and move on.

Finally, although I don't want to be the one to crush anyone's dreams, this really falls into the sort of area that Shenmue occupies. The Dreamcast has a large and very passionate fan base and I (and the rest of us at SEGA) really respect and appreciate that. The Dreamcast was a great system, no doubt.

That said, please understand that SEGA is no longer in the business of supporting the Dreamcast with hardware, software or anything else of the sort. Therefore, although your inclination may be to get excited when you see some sort of SEGA-based Dreamcast promotion, please understand that more than likely it probably won't have anything to do with SEGA directly.

I'm not in the board meetings, I don't know what top-level decisions are being made, and I'm not even that aware of what SEGA is working on in Japan, but I can tell you that our day-to-day lives in the SEGA of America offices are very forward-focused on our current and upcoming games, and nobody that I work with spends any time discussing the Dreamcast, what we can do to support it, what sort of promotions we can have for it, etc.

So, in short, while theoretically there may be some sort of Dreamcast-related promotion in the future, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it, and I would be skeptical of anything you see until you read about it directly on an official SEGA site. Just being honest here, guys.

-SegaDawg

East of Lost Angels , West of Victom Ville

Damn, this would have been great if it were legit.

Christbewithyou.... NOT

The Dreamcast.com site seems to be down. Good riddance!

DCEmu Regular

Sega shouldnt allow these illigal sites.
    They should inform us.
    Too dissapointing at last.
    Fake dreams

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ish420ism View Post
    Damn, this would have been great if it were legit.

Christbewithyou.... NOT
    Now now. It isn't the staffs fault it turned out not to be legit. At the end of the day, it is only their job to report. Not to tell you what to think.

Cloudy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information