Thread: Did MapThis brick my PSP?

Default Did MapThis brick my PSP?

Hi all!

I am currently on holiday in the USA and I had my Mapthis with all possible data ( maps, POIs etc. ) configured! It was working excellently and everybody on the trip were excited how good this PSP application was working! Three days ago, I stoped for a coffee, switched off the PSP, had the cofjee and wanted to move on! I switched on the PSP, the current Map was hanging, I reseted the PSP, after that..... black screen!!! I took out the memory stick, battery,did many resets.... still balck screen :-((((((

Regards

DCEmu Newbie

If a tone at the turn? If so then I would say that your display lighting is defective.

So long se_freak

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy0815 View Post
    Hi all!

I am currently on holiday in the USA and I had my Mapthis with all possible data ( maps, POIs etc. ) configured! It was working excellently and everybody on the trip were excited how good this PSP application was working! Three days ago, I stoped for a coffee, switched off the PSP, had the cofjee and wanted to move on! I switched on the PSP, the current Map was hanging, I reseted the PSP, after that..... black screen!!! I took out the memory stick, battery,did many resets.... still balck screen :-((((((

Regards
    That was a new one...
    Never happend to me, could it be that you extracted the GPS whilst your PSP was on and burnt out some fuses??

I know that MapThis hangs a PSP if you put it in Sleepmode but a Coldboot or a pick out the battery and plug it in again works for that.

Is it a Blank screen and you can hear sound?
    Or is it Bricked.

If Blank and you hear sound try pressing the (o) Screen icon button a couple of times, and if that does not work can you see anything at all moving on the screen as if the backlight is off but the display still works?

I must Admit that youre the first i ever heard had that problem with your unit after using MapThis...

You did not drop your PSP or got it wet/bent ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy0815 View Post
    Hi all!

Regards
    MapThis! does not write to flash memory so, technically it cannot brick your PSP. Each major release comes out with the source code so, if you technical enough you can examine the code and see for yourself.
    My guess is that your "bricking" was either due to some FW plugin or purely coincidental hardware failure.
    In any case, sorry for your problems... I hope you'll be able to fix your psp with Pandora battery..

Thread Information