Thread: Alten8 disputes reports of Nintendo blocking DS release

NDS Alten8 disputes reports of Nintendo blocking DS release

via Games Industry

Publisher Alten8 has disputed reports that Nintendo has blocked the release of its forthcoming DS game Imagination is the Only Escape.

The game, which deals with issues of the Holocaust, is only in the early stages of development, but some reports have suggested that neither Nintendo US nor Nintendo Europe is willing to release the game.

"[Imagination is the Only Escape] is only in its early stages," said a spokesperson for Alten8, reports Eurogamer.net.

"No one has blocked it, and it has no definitive time scale for release."

The game is being developed by Luc Bernard for Alten8, and is one of five titles in the hands of the 21 year-old British designer.

A report by the New York Times suggested that Nintendo US would not be releasing the game in North America.

Although the subject matter may be considered controversial, a spokesperson for the Anti-Defamation League said it welcomed any attempts to educate people using new technology.

"We certainly believe that we have to find new ways of teaching lessons of the Holocaust as new technologies are being developed," said Myrna Shinbaum.

DCEmu Coder

Am I the only person who thought they were talking about these guys?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altern-8

Now a game made by them two would be excellent, vicks vaporub anyone?

I really wish Nintendo would drop their gaurd on this one. This sounds like a great title for their older players. It's not just kikds that play these things, and I would like to see more cutting edge stuff for my favorite handheld.

Thread Information