Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dreamcast Fights Back

Blog Entries

Home/News The Dreamcast Fights Back

Well over a year and a half ago i handed over the Dreamcast Site to DS69 to run but recently with the great man being away in Australia (lucky Bast) and the major problems with the file archive and server probs etc, Our Dreamcast site has been rotting away.

A few weeks ago i made the decision when i had time to finally sort out the Dreamcast Site and get it all back up to scratch, first on the agenda was to ditch the old design which is nice but problematic to work with, the new template needs some work but im hoping some of the more gifted graphical people will sort that for me.

But anyway most of the site is back to being perfect apart from files that were originally on the now dead DC Homebrew Site which im uploading when i get time.

The reason for this news and its on all the Network of Sites is to let you all know that DC News - DCEmus Dreamcast site is back and not only that but the Dreamcast Scene is going through a major resurgence with the releases of a New Genesis emulator, New Games, a new compilation and much more. If you have a Dreamcast rotting away at home or can pick one up cheap then you could be enjoying one of the best console homebrew scenes.

Check out all the details on the releases above at DC News --> http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/

The new DCNews looks very nice. If you would stop post 360 news on Xbox-Evolution the DCEmu Network would be the greatest homebrew site ever.

EDIT: Maybe you fix this: The Multimedia-Seection on DCNews is still linking to to the old DCHomebrew.org which is down since years.
    Last edited by Maturion; March 10th, 2008 at 20:51.

Whats with the DCEmu logo on the DC homepage?

Horrible and pixelated.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Whocares about the logo on the homepage im happy to here its back. I started a couple months ago getting back into the Dreamcast and im glad to hear about the Genesis Emulator and Neverball as its one game i play on Linux.

DCEmu Regular

I love my Dreamcast. I bought the Japanese one about 2 months after launch for with Sonic Adventure and Virtua Fighter 3 for 350. I still play it religiously. I now have it hooked up with a true VGA adapter on my good ol 21" crt monitor. DC looks so good in true VGA haha minus 2d fighting games. Anyways I'm glad to hear it's back!

East of Lost Angels , West of Victom Ville

I had to log in for this. I'm SOOOO GLAD the DC section is back. I really hated the fact that it seemed to be seperate from the rest of the site, even though it was the first homebrew console on the DC network. Also that alot of the homebrew links were dead. I need some SBI files again and I found it difficult to find. Thank You WRAGGSTER.
    My DC can be fun again.
    TY TY TY TY TY

P.S. Maybe some of the programmers here, who produce HomeBrew for the other consoles, will jump on the DC and optimize some already great software or even write some new HB for the DC.
    Love Ya DCEMU, Since WAYYYYY before I signed up in 05'.
    Last edited by ish420ism; March 11th, 2008 at 17:51.

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    the Dreamcast Scene is going through a major resurgence with the releases of a New Genesis emulator, New Games, a new compilation and much more.
    It's so cool that the Dreamcast scene is still pumping out releases at a steady rate 8 years after it's foundation.

This makes me really want to dig out my Dreamcast and get back into the swing of things.

Can anyone post post which DC homebrew is the most optomized for everyone to look at.

ei. fastest snes emu, gen, nes, neogeo, best apps, etc.
    I don't have many disc to try out all the HB on the DC.

Please this would be very helpful.
    TY in advance

Quote Originally Posted by ish420ism View Post
    Can anyone post post which DC homebrew is the most optomized for everyone to look at.

ei. fastest snes emu, gen, nes, neogeo, best apps, etc.
    I don't have many disc to try out all the HB on the DC.

Please this would be very helpful.
    TY in advance
    Christuserloeser posted a list of the best emulators for the Dreamcast in this thread over at DCEmulation.

I haven't tried all of those myself. I might have to try them out myself once I find my trusty ol' DC.

Thanx MetaFox. And Thanx Christuserloeser.
    This is soooo eXciting. My DC breaths again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information