This is a revised PCB that I’ve been thinking about for quite some time now. In the end I chose the smaller variant with felt pads for initial production as I’ve had that already well tested. But the issues I had lately with sourcing pads that would stack to correct height got me to rethink the whole idea and hence I dug up the other design and actually had it made. As you can see, it works:

That’s the good news, the bad is it’ll take another week to get the revised PCBs manufactured, so again a small delay. The new variant will be called 5.2, and there are just a few 5.1 units in existence. Those are identical except the location of the optional support near the button, it has been moved a bit. You can use it or not, it’s up to you, it might prevent proper seating of the connector so that’s why it’s optional. Might not fit perfectly into each Dreamcast.
The left support (and the screw pretty much as well) are mandatory if you want GDEMU to be stable. These are however far enough from the connector not to cause any issues. The screw is metric though, can’t get anything else in this part of the world, and apparently the original one was not. So it might be a bit difficult to install it at first, just be patient with it and don’t rush. Also, do not attempt to put the screw in alone, you will reach the console mainboard if it goes deep enough, and then it’ll cause damage to it. To make sure noone attempts that I will be adding a small piece of paper to each sent GDEMU with this particualar warning printed.
Other than longer PCB to allow for the screw there are no functional differences between this and the v5.0 model. Or the original v4 that used the remote for LEDs and buttons. Oh, and about that, I will have a few spare PCBs that were meant to be remotes but were never used. I can give those away to people who would like to assemble one on their own. Just the small PCB though, no components or wires. Ask me about it when I contact you for payment and I will add one PCB to the envelope. Offer valid only as long supplies last

http://gdemu.wordpress.com/2014/05/12/more-prototypes/