Thread: Anybody working on PC Engine CD emulation atm?

Exclamation Anybody working on PC Engine CD emulation atm?

Just asking because it looks like HuE isn't being worked on anymore, which is a shame as the mp3 sound emulation never got fixed again after 0.70. And 0.61 alpha 2 (the last version to play mp3s) is obviously buggy in places.

If anybody wishes to look at an alternate open-source emulator to work off of, you could try Ootake, which claims to bundle the source with its executable download. Not sure if it's the right kind of source you're looking for, but hey! It's a start.

I would more than love to say "Don't worry folks, I'll look at it and program it myself", but unfortunately I possess not an ounce of programming talent "skillz" in my body. So I have to rely on others who know what they're doing (when they have appropriate spare time to burn of course)!

Use PCE!

PCE runs almost all the games 100% perfect! ...plus all the mp3 audio music sounds great!

CD games like Drack X, R-type (complete CD), Fighting Street etc all run great! ...I'd say the only real downside to the emu is the poor GUI.

if you've got a slim you can also now run this emu via DA's timemachine.

Check it!

DCEmu Newbie

I wish I could find a good tg16 emu for psp that ran Cadash and Final Lap Twin (non Japanese version). I have tried numerous dumps and all work on my pc using Magic Engine, but cant get any to work on any of the psp tg16 emu's =(

Quote Originally Posted by Devilkin View Post
    I wish I could find a good tg16 emu for psp that ran Cadash and Final Lap Twin (non Japanese version). I have tried numerous dumps and all work on my pc using Magic Engine, but cant get any to work on any of the psp tg16 emu's =(
    Well Cadash wasn't just released on the TurboGrafx-16 (it was in the arcade and also on the megadrive). Have you tried it on Picodrive?

I'll have a go at getting 'Final Lap Twin' working on PCE when I get home.

edit: Final Lap Twin does work perfect on PCE already (and its the English version)! The version I got to work is called "Final Lap Twin (U) [b1].pce"

Also just tried 'Cadash' on Picodrive and that also runs perfect.
    Last edited by Baboon; March 14th, 2008 at 12:31.

Thread Information