Thread: Drive with D2C chip set

DCEmu Newbie

Default Drive with D2C chip set

Howdy. lm a bit lost with my wii. l bought it in July 2007 and had a wiinja modchip fitted. My wii ran back up for months. Then l started having problems with the drive either spitting out disks or in the end keeping them in. l took it to a shop to get repaired but was told it was uneconomical to repair, but forget that bit. Anyways , l opened up the wii and had a look at the drive and found a worn part that meshes with the plastic cogs. Fair enough l though, l can buy another drive. At the time they where going for £100 a go. The other day l bought a drive that has a D2C chipset in it. Now, l put it all back together and loaded up an original , it worked. l tried a back up and it didnt work. Now , a question for you all. What can l do next ? Also, where is the wiinja chip located. Is it somewhere on the drive board? l was thinking may if it was l could change the boards on the drive out, probably not that simple. lve a feeling that the new drive dont work with the wiinja and l am going to have to get it replaced with another modchip.

DCEmu Newbie

bump

Well, i'm no expert at modchips, but if its a D2C then you need to get it re-modded. My friend just got his D2C modded here (Canada) and it cost him 140$! (thats about 70pounds)
    But, anyway, the D2C Drive chips are expensive from what i know.

Hope this helps!

Thread Information