Thread: 'Nervous' Sony Facing PS3 Price Pressure

Blog Entries

ps3 'Nervous' Sony Facing PS3 Price Pressure

Microsoft's latest European Xbox 360 price cut has put Sony under renewed pressure to slash the cost of its PlayStation 3 console, according to Strategy Analytics.

"Sony will be nervous that the PS3's recent sales surge may fizzle out now that the premium Xbox 360 undercuts the PS3 by £40, and the cheapest Xbox model is almost half the price of a PS3," said Mercer.

"Sony will be scrutinizing the daily sales reports, but will probably try to hold out until later in the year before making its next price move."

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=9492&Itemid=2

DCEmu Newbie

They should make the games cheaper. I'm sick of paying US$80 (where I come from) for a game. Its crappy!

$80 bucks? where part of US is that? it is just plain robbery. I understand new games here in California are about $64 bucks w/tax but $80 seems too much within the US.

60 is and has been the standard price for new games since the switch from cartridges because of the lower cost of production passed on to the consumers prices. I highly doubt game prices will change anytime soon.

As a gaming console ps3 is expensive, but as a multimedia device it is an outstanding affordable device. A drop in price would hurt the company because it would have a pretty difficult time recovering with the software sales at this point. In 09 with the whole tv going digital, I believe will be the time that sony should fully flourish establishing the dominance like it once had in the ps2 era.
    Last edited by pibs; March 13th, 2008 at 05:54.

DCEmu Newbie

Jeeees! I have to pay the equivalent of US$100 per game here in Finland. Shut your whining and think how lucky you are.

DCEmu Legend

I love analysts, putting words in Sony's mouth. Yeah the price should come down again for Sony to really take up their share of the market, but I don't think it will happen anytime within the next week.

Now MGS4, thats a good time to cut the price...

Thread Information