Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why is my DreamSNES 0.9.8 not running smoothly?

DCEmu Newbie

Default why is my DreamSNES 0.9.8 not running smoothly?

i just downloaded and burned DreamSNES 0.9.8, and whenever i play a game (eg Super Mario World), it runs really jaggedy (eg when i beat a level and the environment changes, there is a black square in the area then it shows the change) i just want a smooth, nic, fast emulator that doesnt do that. and when i open up the in-game menu (holding the joystick right for 3 sec) theres an option called "Speedometer" or something like that. i hit A after i highlight it and it just closes the ingame menu and puts me back in my game.
    and the only thing i have turned off is the Mode7 thing.

DCEmu Regular

Default Re: why is my DreamSNES 0.9.8 not running smoothly

this has been reported by someone on the dcemulation boards as well
    i think the advice that was given was to burn slower and use either nero 5 or discjuggler personally I would just get the trial discjuggler and use it. as far as speed ups turn off sound and transparencies where possible and don't turn off optimizations and turn off mode 7. use a rom list generator make sure to back up your roms before hand because I know that provlist totally renames all your roms. as for the speedometer it's your tv trimming off the edges of the screen. I wish that the nesterdc to resize the the screen caught on a little more to take in account older or more concave (convex?) screens the speedometer does help the user to understand what options to leave on or off. oh yeah dsnes isn't full speed. never has been. but you should be able to get blazing fast in game speed on nba jams on other graphically limited games(excluding starfox) but without sound I know that chrono trigger hovers around 92% except in battle when it can get downright horrible (in the 60~77% range) hopefully if people stay off the authors' backs about it they will continue to update this wonderfull emu. and if you have anymore cdr's to spare check out super famicast it isn't full speed but hey, what else you got to do? also if you want to get involved see if you can get super famicast to play and of the BS snes titles.

;D Wow, complete post that is.

I'd like to add that u should search out for PAL ROMs instead of using NTSC-JP/US ones - they run smoother and faster most of the time because they use 50Hz mode instead of 60Hz.

Turning ingame sound to mono helps too

SuperFamicast will be the official sequel to DreamSNES and is still WIP so you really might manna check it out. You can use SBIs to put them onto one CD using the same games.

Be sure to get ROMLST12.ZIP instead of Provlst

Chris

I suggest that you do check out SuperFamicast. On a few games, it has already reached the point that DreamSNES is at. Most games that I tried are definitely playable.

Just use Selfboot Inducer to put DreamSNES and Super Famicast on one disc, and use CDRecord to burn it (don't burn faster than 12x).
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

DCEmu Newbie

[quote author=Christuserloeser link=board=help;num=1086484640;start=0#2 date=06/06/04 at 10:07:14] ;D Wow, complete post that is.

I'd like to add that u should search out for PAL ROMs instead of using NTSC-JP/US ones - they run smoother and faster most of the time because they use 50Hz mode instead of 60Hz.

Turning ingame sound to mono helps too

SuperFamicast will be the official sequel to DreamSNES and is still WIP so you really might manna check it out. You can use SBIs to put them onto one CD using the same games.

Be sure to get ROMLST12.ZIP instead of Provlst

Chris[/quote]

its gonna take a while to get about 174 roms in PAL .
    so ur all telling me to use super famicast, and just burn slower? and i get all my roms from where?, so is PAL the same thing as the Europe versions?

Slower burnin will not speed up your games ;D

...but the rest is correct.

There are very very few JP games that are running at 50Hz too but no one could tell which ones that could be, European games are always PAL 50Hz so you should get them instead of NTSC-JP/US

And burning them as SBIs with Selfboot Inducer v4 allows both emulators on 1 disc 8)

Chris

DCEmu Regular

hey I don't think that kazuya knows this but no rom requests and stuff like that it's illegal just about anyway you slice it. unless you own it and blah blah blah blah don't do it again. and no links to so called warez sites

DCEmu Newbie

sorry

DCEmu Regular

is this pal thing verified?

sounds weird that the refresh rate would have that kind of effect can you explain?

and to kazuya can you explain your situation a little more. Maybe try to use some different words to explain your situation. and how long you have been in the DC scene. Not to hold it against you but to see if you have any prior experience with emus and homebrews for DC

[quote author=Kazuyarules link=board=help;num=1086484640;start=0#7 date=06/06/04 at 17:34:16]sorry [/quote]

no prob - wasn't even a real link, just the name of a site

Good burnin,

Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information