Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft rejects Xbox 360 Blu-ray idea

DCEmu Old Pro

Now now. JKKDark's flaming really annoys me too, but never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Just do what I do. Ignore him - the mods are blind when it comes to him.

Cloudy

I’d agree that the 360’s machine reliability has been completely terrible (mine has just come back from repair for the second time).

The problem is all the good games worth owning right now are out on the 360 - not the PS3! The bulk of the PS3’s games so far have been shoddy ports from the 360, plus the machines been dogged with poor frame rate issues, a lack of any decent first party exclusives etc.

Xbox Live is highly regarded as being second to none... if you want to experience the best in online gaming, with all the additional content and exclusive’s then MS is simply kicking the competitions ass! Sony has got a long way to go to rival what Live has to offer, the only plus I’d say for the PS3 is that you currently don’t have to pay for the privilege. I’ve read on forums that apparently even Nintendo are going to start charging for online play... which I think is a disgrace as there’s only a few games that even support online games (plus theres all that fookin about with friends codes etc). lol

I’ve got a few mates with PS3’s and a quite a few of them have sold all of there games and instead just bought bluray movies due to the lack of anything quality for the system. They are currently just using it as a high end media player and not a games console. lol

MS have got some major issues though. They keep suggesting that this is the last generation of disc based consoles, and that digital distribution is the future. Yet Its funny how they are the ones shooting themselves in the foot with the limited sized xbox live arcade downloads, while Sony allows for full-game downloads on the PS3?! lol

Does the 360 need a bluray player though? ...well it doesn’t effect my gaming experience one little bit from not having one, so I’d say the answer is No.

For Noquater to say “Sorry, the 360 sux!” I think is a tad unfair.

Each to their own though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhunter View Post
    Now now. JKKDark's flaming really annoys me too, but never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Just do what I do. Ignore him - the mods are blind when it comes to him.
    lol ...how true is that!
    Last edited by Baboon; March 14th, 2008 at 14:13.

much respect Baboon.

Nothing personal (unless your name is microsoft) but I justify my statement that the 360 sux with this:

Any hardware someone has to return 3 times or maybe more sux, period!

If they fix the probs I'll change my tune.
    I can't lie the 360 has nice specs, and honestly I'd like it more if I could install linux.In fact if I could (install linux on it) I'd buy one but it's a real pain to hack a 360 and I don't need home console backups so much,lol.

Alot of times I end up buying all of the big console systems,I just don't want to waste my money.
    I am a serious (budding) game collector.

Many people will disagree that all of the good games are on 360, heck I DON'T PLAY FPS GAMES BECAUSE I SUCK.

I play fighting games,adventure games and emu's so 360 will never be my main system(Very partial to sony's controller design although I prefer an arcade stick cause I'm true old school)Tekken.Tekken.Tekken.Tekken.Tekken.Tekken. PS3 exclusive...

Back on the subject though:

Blue ray holds much more data than DVD,Dual-layer or HD-DVD(talk about waste of money).
    If I owned a HD-DVD player I'd be pissed and happy at the same time, you guys are about to get some great discounts on HD films but also will have no products available soon.

Just look at the storage capacity.
    Last edited by NoQuarter; March 14th, 2008 at 14:34.

Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
    Any hardware someone has to return 3 times or maybe more sux, period!
    Fair comment. lol

I've still got a few of my older consoles (Snes, Saturn, Dreamcast etc) and they all work fine still with no problems at all ...its just sad that this current xbox generation hardware is so crap.

If you want a machine for modding then nothing comes close to an xbox 1 anyway.
    Last edited by Baboon; March 14th, 2008 at 14:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
    Fair comment. lol

I've still got a few of my older consoles (Snes, Saturn, Dreamcast etc) and they all work fine still with no problems at all ...its just sad that this current xbox generation hardware is so crap.

If you want a machine for modding then nothing comes close to an xbox 1 anyway.

So true,so true.

I have a stack of XBOX 1's...

Nothing was worse than the piece of crap PS2 phat, I had to buy 4 or five of those things.During that time period my favorite system was a gamecube but I still owned a PS2.
    I personally will buy a system I don't like for a game I do.If tekken was on 360 I'd probably have two.I'd still talk trash about the system though.Eh, I'm a bit of a hypocrite but aren't most of us,lol.

I could be wrong in my support for blue-ray but that's the risk we all take by supporting this or that format with our money.It'd be much nicer without an proprietary formats, all open source.
    I'd really like to throw a blue-ray drive into my macbook,they're what up to 50 Gigabyte disks!
    Last edited by NoQuarter; March 14th, 2008 at 14:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
    You forgot Gran Turismo5, Drakes Fortune, Ratchet & Skank, Tekken6...
    Gran Turismo is a serie developed by a Sony studio, obviously it will be PS3 exclusive.

You are very intelligent, my friend.

I went through about 5 PS1's! ...for a few of them this was probably due to me chipping them. It would only work in the end (when it felt like it) if I put it on a 60 degree angle and propped it up behind a pillow. lol

[QUOTE=NoQuarter;2148033765]
    Nothing was worse than the piece of crap PS2 phat, I had to buy 4 or five of those things.During that time period my favorite system was a gamecube but I still owned a PS2.
    QUOTE]

I also had a couple phat PS2's. I was one of the idiots who pre-ordered the machine to get it first (and paid a silly amount for the privilage too). I found the lasers on the phat PS2's to be terrible .

It was my poor history with Sony (well apart from my trusty phat psp) that was one of the reasons that helped me decide on what system to get this 'generation'. ...I guess only time will tell if I backed the right horse or not?

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    You are very intelligent, my friend.

Thanks very much. I like to think so.
    Last edited by Baboon; March 14th, 2008 at 15:38.

I'm still on my 2nd box. Thing is, the fact that the 360 has done so amazingly well even WITH the RRoDs proves that it is an absolutely amazing console. I would never have went back for seconds if the 360 didn't have such amazing games. But your right in that there isn't much excuse for these hardware failures.

And please, for goodness sake try to find something ELSE to bicker about? One issue doesn't make something terrible. Most of the time anyway.

I knew the 360 would not have a Blu Ray add on since Micheal Bay's prophecy came true in January of 08, Im commenting on Bill Gate's remark regarding the Warner switch.

Jeez you guys hate the 360 yet you post in its threads?

As Itagaki-san said not to long ago "Tekken fu**in sucks!

I heard that the PS3 just recently started outselling the 360.
    And right now DS and PSP are neck-to-neck in Japan (with PSP currently in the lead in terms of weekly sales)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information