Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight Hack v0.1alpha3a Released - Front SD Card Slot Supported

Possilby so, but as I understand it, you'd then need a way of running the roms from the SD card...

Default about the genesis emu.

I't doesnt work with this. I got the emu to load, but..

the gen emu needs to be updated to work with the internal sd, it still looks for the old gecko to load roms via the game cube memory slot..
    no worrys im sure someone will fix this little bug soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan915 View Post
    Haven't tried the Genesis emulator yet, but can't you use the Dol to Elf Converter tool to get this to run?
    I tried the Dol to Elf converter on XRick and while it loaded the controls didn't work, I'm assuming GC-Mode and native Wii-Mode access the GC controller in different ways or something. The Balloon popping thing works but tetris shows the same controller issues (although the music plays), the MP3 player and the genesis emulator don't since they both want to load files from the SDGecko (recoding is needed to read from the internal sd slot).

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprophet View Post
    I't doesnt work with this. I got the emu to load, but..

the gen emu needs to be updated to work with the internal sd, it still looks for the old gecko to load roms via the game cube memory slot..
    no worrys im sure someone will fix this little bug soon.
    I have tried this with the official nintendo SD card adapter in Gamecube slot A, the rom path should be genplus\roms\ but I have tried that the roms can't be read.

Also When I try the Snes Gx emulator (via the twilight hack for the internal SD slot or Gamecube SD reader), the emulator loads but the controls won't respond with a Gamucube or Wii controller at all.

Cool I wouldnt worry in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by bumfacekilla View Post
    I have tried this with the official nintendo SD card adapter in Gamecube slot A, the rom path should be genplus\roms\ but I have tried that the roms can't be read.

Also When I try the Snes Gx emulator (via the twilight hack for the internal SD slot or Gamecube SD reader), the emulator loads but the controls won't respond with a Gamucube or Wii controller at all.
    Very soon, we are going to see a '''''LOT'''' of wii homebrew, I wouldnt be suprised if we see genesis, snes, nes, tg16, ect emu before the end of the month.

with wii homebre being so similar to gc homebrew, there are many talented dev's out there already working on those very emus

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprophet View Post
    Very soon, we are going to see a '''''LOT'''' of wii homebrew, I wouldnt be suprised if we see genesis, snes, nes, tg16, ect emu before the end of the month.

with wii homebre being so similar to gc homebrew, there are many talented dev's out there already working on those very emus
    I know, isn't it great? I can hardly wait! I just hope Nintendo can't counteract this with a Firmware update..... fingers crossed!

Oh sure, now that I've bought an SDcard adapter they release this. Oh well it was only $5...For the dol2elf converter, it only works for some programs and not emulators. The Genesis emu will work with the SDcard adapter and load a rom, but then the screen turns black, not letting you play the game.

DCEmu Old Pro

Win! Can't wait until we have a "homebrew channel" on the menu

Cloudy

DCEmu Rookie

Im having the same problem as "craig vaughan" had, except i have renamed "tetris.elf" to "boot.elf" at the end is says something like:

"Cannot Read ELF at address xxxxxxx"
    "Searching for DOL file" etc.

Also I was under the impression that I dont need WriteElf for this version, am I wrong? Does this need to be the only thing on the SD card? (That may be the problem)
    Last edited by Graxer0419; March 14th, 2008 at 16:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhunter View Post
    Win! Can't wait until we have a "homebrew channel" on the menu

Cloudy
    Me either, have been playing around with the Genesis emu a little, can only get games in the native .SMD format to work, and for some (stupid) reason I only get it coming out in Black and White.

Mike..

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information