Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Twilight Hack v0.1alpha3a Released - Front SD Card Slot Supported

Is there any way to get any other emulators working using this trick other than SNES?

Thumbs up Yes

YES, YOU CAN, USING THE .DOL TO .ELF PROGRAM
    ///CONVERT THE EMUS YOU HAVE FOR THE GAMECUBE TO .ELF AND DONE.//

By "Convert" do you mean "rename?"

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by kingslime80 View Post
    By "Convert" do you mean "rename?"
    No. I had questions about this a little while ago. You need to use dol2elf to change the file format. Simply renaming it will still leave it as a DOL, just with the wrong extension.

Also, converting a DOL to an ELF does not necessarily mean the homebrew will run as intended, or at all. It simply provides a file format that the Wii can read. Whether it will know what to do with the data itself is another question.

well, i had a decent idea for running mutiple programs on the wii (getting around the single elf boot). Why not make a elf boot dash program, in which you can open other other programs such as music players, video players, emulators, any homebrew from the disk? makes sense to me atleast, but im no coder

i cant seem to get this to work
    ive tried: both A and B versions, true sd format (idk if i did it right), FAT32 and FAT16 for both versions.
    i get the screen to load then i get the READ_FILE error -1 thing sometimes it shows a little or it dumps some code or tries to load the same thing multiple times without success

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by dahun View Post
    i cant seem to get this to work
    ive tried: both A and B versions, true sd format (idk if i did it right), FAT32 and FAT16 for both versions.
    i get the screen to load then i get the READ_FILE error -1 thing sometimes it shows a little or it dumps some code or tries to load the same thing multiple times without success
    Were you able to place both save files onto the Wii? If so, did you have a homebrew file on the SD card that was named as boot.elf?

DCEmu Rookie

My Wii was just dumping a screen at me and then I realized it's because I was still trying to load the ELF from the SDGecko, which this version doesn't like much. Are you loading from the front SD?

Quote Originally Posted by h2923j42n2 View Post
    Were you able to place both save files onto the Wii? If so, did you have a homebrew file on the SD card that was named as boot.elf?
    no its 1 at a time and yes

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by dahun View Post
    no its 1 at a time and yes
    Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. What brand of SD card are you using? Also, what is the homebrew file that you are trying to load? Also, are you trying to load from an SD Gecko or the Wii Front SD?
    Last edited by h2923j42n2; April 19th, 2008 at 05:02.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information