Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The GBA Strikes Back - Micro Style

Blog Entries

Default The GBA Strikes Back - Micro Style

The PSP and Nintendo DS have yet another rival to worry about and this time its none other than the newest version of the GBA in Micro Form, heres the news article from <a href="http://www.yesasia.com/?/news.php?artc=3676&lsaid=219793" target="_blank" >Lik Sang</a>

sexy, no-nonsense gadget: Nintendo's latest addition to the GameBoy family, the GameBoy Micro will be the smallest Ninty handheld to date. After announcing the retail price and release date recently, Nintendo has now made public that they will introduce a new version of the popular Play-Yan peripheral, which lets you play MPEG4 movies and MP3 songs on GBASP, Nintendo DS and GameBoy Micro, now called "Play-Yan Micro". It will replace the current one being sold and will be available on September 13th, simultaneously alongside the system. Nintendo has all the specs on their dedicated Japanese site here. Enjoy your favorite videos and music on the go, pocketsize! On the train or bus, waiting for a friend to arrive or sweetly killing time on those long oversea flights, the GameBoy Micro is perfect for instant entertainment, wherever your travels may take you. Even more so with the beautifully retro Famicom Color version; celebrate Nintendo's glorious history with this cool edition, honoring Mario's 20th birthday! You can view two official TV commercials for the Famicom Color GB Micro here:

Because of the dramatically smaller size of the Micro, the unit comes with a new port included. Due to this, all previous link cables and charger units from the GameBoy Advance era will not work with the GB Micro without a special adapter. To remedy this, Nintendo offers the GB Micro Conversion Connector, which allows for standard GBA link cables to be used with the Micro. Another way to link up is the GameBoy Micro Communication Cable. Said cable comes exclusively for the GB Micro line, which basically is a custom link cable that works just like the regular GBA cables, but supports linking up to four GameBoy Micro handhelds without the need of an extra connector.

Wireless is the way to go in 2005, so Nintendo has another official peripheral in store for its fresh GameBoy incarnation. A special wireless adapter has been created just for the GB Micro. The device can communicate with other GB Micro or GBA systems that also have the wireless doohickey and a wireless-compatible game, such as Pokémon Fire Red or Leaf Green. Why use cables, when you can obtain the freedom this wireless solution offers? We are welcoming preorders for all mentioned accessories already, which are all scheduled to be available on the GameBoy Micro's release date, September 13th.

Sounds like both the DS and PSP Should watch out, check out our GBA Emulation site for all the emulators released for the GBA --> http://gbaemu.dcemu.co.uk

Cool Snizzle

A tiny portible gba
    I think i'll get one of these.
    I can actuelly see myself takeing this thing places and playing dawn of souls.
    And since nintendo made this thing it might actuelly survive being droped.
    And its gonna be able to play mp3s too!!
    Hell yeah im all over this
    It wont beat the psp by any means, but I baby my psp.
    I could actuelly bare to lose one of these if I lost it.
    Makeing it the perfect portible!! to actuelly be truely ported around anyway

DCEmu Newbie

looks gay to me. Just another way for nintendo crooks to steal people's money. Come on, this like the third diffrent game boy advance in 4 years and it plays the same damn games, with the same graphics. Playing mp3 is no big deal on a portable system anymore, Therefore I will never touch it.

$120 sounds a little steep for me its pretty much just a new style GBA with a new mp3 feature when the price drops I might think about it for now save your money for for something important PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Plude220
    $120 sounds a little steep for me its pretty much just a new style GBA with a new mp3 feature when the price drops I might think about it for now save your money for for something important PS3
    it doesnt play mp3s unless you buy some add on its pure crap if you have normal size hands its real hard to play and why does it cost so much you can get a used ds for less .if you buy one of these things your not very smart or you have money to throw away . nintendo the kings of rehash they dont ever come up with new stuff just the same old crap in a new package. save your money for the x-box 360 this november

Question

why was this posted today?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by warped
    why was this posted today?

Because it actualy a cleverly hidden advertisment for Lik Sang who are now Pre selling the unit...

what a load of crap. its kinda cute i guess but jesus... nintendo is so lame these days!

DCEmu Newbie

I find it funny that you need an adapter, and a seperate adapter for almost everything at that, to basically use any peripherals.

What a cheap money making scheme.

Oh yeah and you like that MP3 and MPEG4 playback? Buy the peripheral, and I gaurentee that peripheral needs an adapter...LOL

DCEmu Rookie

This looks very uncomfortable to play since you can basically cover your hand over the whole handheld, I find the REGULAR GBA more comfortable. IT DOES...look like another money making scheme...ah yes I remember the tiny gameboy handheld that looked JUST like this. Yes...I think I will save up for a PS3 instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information