Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teen shot over video game

Blog Entries

psp Teen shot over video game

A 15-year-old Marble Falls boy remains in critical condition at Brackenridge Hospital in Austin with a gunshot wound to the head after what a parent said may have been instigated by a video game called God of War.

Accused of the crime is a 13-year-old Marble Falls youth in custody at the juvenile detention center in Belton and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony, according to the Marble Falls Police Department.

At approximately 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, two youth were visiting the 13-year-old boy at his grandmother's residence, located at 1209 Johnson St., when the 13-year-old decided to retrieve bullets for a gun, which was already out, while the other two boys sat on the couch playing a video game called God of War, according to one of the parents.

Once the boy returned, he loaded the bullets in the .22 caliber pistol, and without saying a word, shot the 15-year-old boy in the head, the parent said

http://www.highlandernews.com/main.a...rticleID=11785

Instigated by God of War? Is that a parents' idea of condemning video games?
    Hope the kid makes it through. = /

DCEmu Rookie

so because the kids just happen to be playing game that is what caused it? working on that logic i was playing games during the london bombing it must be linked.

I was playing Gran Turismo 3 during 9/11...HOLY CRAP GT3 CAUSED 9/11!

wth god of war doesn't even have pistols in the game, this is just bad parenting.

It's just people trying to ruin violence in video games for the rest of us, people always need to blame all their problems on someone else, I mean, this is probably the most ridiculous example of that Ive ever seen! No where in the story is the game and the shooting actually linked but there it is in the title, "Teen Shot Over Video Game", I mean WTF. And I agree with Pibs, this is just bad parenting, I mean this kid's friend is apparently the type that shoots his friends for no reason at his Grandma's house......but video games are obviously the problem.

Yeah, this is ridiculous. If the game had anything to do with the violence, the kid would've strapped butcher's knives to his arms and tried to chuck them at the other. (sorry if the sarcasm is offensive to anyone...)

Anyhow, every post above me is bang on the money. Stop dodging responsibility and try raising your kids.

DCEmu Newbie

wow that's pretty bad whats going on nowadays.. i hope the kid makes it...

but in my opinion .. maybe the kid that shot the other kid felt left out because he couldn't play god of war? or maybe the kids had a fight and didnt allow the other kid to play .... hence the kid got a gun and shot them..

i think that's what the parents mean when they say it's over God of war.. that's just my guess..

but wow. how does a kid get a hold of a gun like that.. ?

DCEmu Rookie

when the 13-year-old decided to retrieve bullets for a gun, which was already out
    now if people kept the guns away from the kids this wouldnt of happend but the fact is because some1 is playing a game at the time doesnt prove anything. other than the kid was either very stupid or nuts and would of done it anyway.

This is just a case of "Boys will be boys". Seriously, the shooter needs some help. I mean, without saying anything, he shoots the kid in the head? Yeah, sounds like a mental case. Hope the kids pulls through, but in all honesty, it's unusual for people to get back up from a headshot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information