Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snes Must Haves!

Default Snes Must Haves!

Hey, Im trying to compile a list of the greatest games for SNES.

Because SNES had a large library I havnt gotten to try some of the greatest ones out there yet. Not to mention the constant translation projects that bring Japans great games to us!

Now before you start posting your usual list of ROMZ you like... Dont! If its somthing that everyone has heard of 1000 times, then chances are im just like everyone else! So to prevent some of you weirdos from posting that Il add to the list of MUST HAVES myself.

BEFORE I DO THAT: REMEMBER THE RESPECT THE RULES! NO ROM LINKS AT ALL!
    A picture and a short description would be appreciated though. Also if this proves to be populare, we might concider more lists like this. Everyone should at least try these games.

Bahamut Lagoon - Translated by dejap and some others not too long ago, this is a Square RPG, but its also a Strategy (Tactics) RPG. Another thing that makes this game interesting is the dragons. The dragons can be fed differant items and based on what they eat they will transform and have differant effects (kind of like the MAG system of PSO).

Shadow Run - One of my personal favoires. This is another RPG, but this time it isnt turn based. This game is kind of dark and gloomy. The games graphics kind of remind me of the early Grand Theft Auto games. This game is kind of difficult and this is the only game I would suggest you look at a guide for. This description sucks.. But once again, try it!

BS Zelda - Perhapes you've heard of this one, but for thoes of you that havnt, this is basically a 16 bit version of Zelda 1. You can do a google search on the BS system, but think of it this way: SNES is to BS as Sega is to Sega Channel. If you dont already have it, I suggest you play this game with Roto's patch.

Rock n Roll Racing - This game was made by Blizzard (yes, same company that did Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft). This game is one of the few racing games I enjoy on the SNES. Its both fun and challenging. It's an over head racer, so you dont have attempted mode 7 puke to look at. What makes this game so neat is that you can upgrade your car just about any way imaginable. Weapons, body, motar, wheels, shoks. Build the ultimate vehicle and beat the crap out of your opponents. Its great fun and it has multi player too.

Lufia II - I havnt beaten this game yet, but im liking it so far. Its a game produced by Nintendo and Taito Corporation (whom i believe was recently purchased by someone.) anyways, its a great RPG. Play it.

Terranigma Zelda type game, but graphics well exceed zelda most of the time. Also a REALLY good game, my personal favorite

Troddlers Hard to describe. If you like puzzle games, get this.

WordTris - A great word puzzle that resembles a bit of a columns and tetris with a bit of a word twist so be wise with what words you can make and have fun

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - I rented this game once for the Super Nintendo and the first time i played it thought it was just amazing the time i rented it i had to buy it. One it was a clone to Mortal Kombat Trilogy only it had all the things Super Nintendo could handle a great amount of characters (just dont choose sheeva),great graphics that the Super Nintendo could handle and i would have to say the sound was desent aswell.

Smash T.V - This one was a all time fav for me. One day my aunt called me up to tell me she just bought a Super Nintendo and got a lot of video games cause a Movie Rental Store had closed down and guess one of those games Smash T.V. Yeah i played althose other ports and i had finally even got to play the Arcade version aswell just yesterday on Midway Arcade Treasures 1 but nothing hit it big like it did for the Super Nintendo version. Both the Arcade and Super Nintendo version were kind of identicle but the Arcade version had different obsticles that kept throwing in more quarters. As the SNES version was at a pretty good difficulty and didnt have you throwing quarters just made you have to use lots of strategy.

(THE GREAT) Super Mario Allstars - I chose this one cause when i was a kid i use to play all the hits available on the disk i used to play for Nintendo and for the price of the disk it was cool i could play 3 of the hits for a great low price. The game included Super Mario Bros 1, 2, and 3. But i didnt just buy it cause it kept me in touch with my past cause the graphics were updated aswell so i guess also at the time kept me in touch with the future but the graphics made Super Mario Allstars a greatest hit to me and thats why you see Single Carts available for GBA.

This one is pretty well known but...

Illusion of Gaia - A very fun action RPG with unique gameplay. Graphics are very nice. It's sort of like a cross between Zelda: ALTTP and Secret of Mana. Highly Recommended.

Illusion of Gaia is the sqeual to Soul Blazer.
    Terranigma is the sequal to Illusion of Gaia

Oh... cool. I've got to check out both those games now... I loved Illusion of Gaia.

Chrono Trigger - If you can track it down, it is well worth it. One of Squares greatest RPG's. Threw away the dated random battle system in favour of actually seeing enemies on the path, making them avoidable. Impressive graphics that still look good today, if only they made a GBA remake.
    This is a must-play game.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphorz
    Terranigma Zelda type game, but graphics well exceed zelda most of the time. Also a REALLY good game, my personal favorite

Troddlers Hard to describe. If you like puzzle games, get this.
    I tried both of these last night. Terranigma is probably one of the best games I have ever tried! I am not sure how this title escaped me! At first I thought the story was a bit lame, but once you get to the second chapter things pick up a little more! nice suggestion! If i had to rate it out of 5 stars, I'd give it a 6.

EVO Search for Eden - This game can only be described with one word. Weird! Enix seems to have prided themselves in making new types of games and Evo is no exception. Its a side scrolling RPG about evolution. You start out as a fish and... well.. you play it. But youll like it, i promiss!

Nankoku Shounen Papuwa-kun - Another weird ass game. This one is a platformer. Its got its own distinct anime style and a little bit of that japanese humor we have all grown to love. The graphics are very nice and the main character seems to be just as confused about his surroundings as I am when i look at it. A translation patch for the dialog does exist.

Terranigma is only in Europe, that probly how it escaped you

BS Excitebike Bunbun Mario Battle - I actually had plans to translate this game a one point, but i gave up and now i am out of tourch with my rom hacking skills. This game is once again a BS game (google the BSX satellite for more info). This time its a remake of Excite Bike, which is a classic NES favorite of mine. It has 16 bit graphics and the works... But the coolest thing about it is that you can select Mario characters as the drivers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information