Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 14 - How Excited Are You In Todays Homebrew Scene ?

I'm excited about new and upcoming homebrew scenes like Iphone, N-Gage and Pandora

i'm VERY excited, because the zelda Tp exploit update for wii

but i think the coders release less and less homebrew for nds every day though

but i really believe in the zelda exploit, awesome that they got the support for the built in sd slot , so the wii homebrew scene will explode now, i hope..

I own 3 handheld homebrew-capable systems:

Nintendo DS - I haven't tried anything with it. It's a recent purchase so I haven't even looked into what I can do with it... no opinion on that either way.

Sony PSP - I'm not all that excited about it really. Beyond the MAJOR exception of ZX-81 emulators - which I LOVE - nothing has been done to really improve the apps that are already out and the new things that ARE being released seem to be the same things over and over again or just not worth the download. I apologize to all the coders out there but that's my opinion. *shrug*

GamePark GP2X - Now THIS is the handheld I am very excited about for homebrew and emulation.

Emulation -
    * Recently Franxis released a brand new upgraded MAME for it which works great and introduces a TON of games to the system.
    * ZX-81 - again - is a major contributer and I can't say enough how much I do like his emulators!
    * Notaz has a Genesis emulator with Sega CD support running full speed and still being improved on. How cool is that?
    * Exophase is working on a much improved TG-16(PC Engine) emulator - Temper - that is on the verge of supporting CD games.
    * DOSBox is really starting to come into its own on the 2X as well but I haven't tried it as yet.
    * Almost every emulator on the 2X is superior to the PSP and - the big one here - there's MORE SUPPORT for them. Updates do come out and projects do get worked. I've donated to a few of them already just because of this. PSP projects? I doubt I ever would.

Ports - Ultima VII. Star Control II. Duke Nukem. Doom. Quake. Rise of the Triad. Transport Tycoon. Do I need to go on? :thumbup:

Homebrew - We all know that this had to be one of the most coder-friendly systems to ever hit the market and it shows. Sqdef Tower Defense is addictive. Ruckage's Blingo is great(though that could be considered a port of sorts)! The upcoming Tikka Dungeons - though commercial - looks HOT. Freedroid, Chess2X, Poker2X, Sudoku, Myriad, CDogs, Liquid War, Monaco... there's a lot of great games written for the 2X and I'm always looking for more as they are released. My homebrew section on my SD card(before I formatted the wrong card! ) had 48 homebrews on it. I'm still trying to find em all again.

So yeah... DS no comment. PSP no excitement. GP2X no contest.

I'm sooo excited about wii homebrew,
    and I really, really, really, REALLY!!! Wish that the genisis plus emulator is updated to support front SD loading, as that would keep me occupied, while other awesome homebrew is being made.
    ( I really, really, do!!)

Well, I'm always excited about homebrew.

It's undeniable, that the PSP scene has slowed, and maybe a few steps past its prime... BUT - I think there is always room for improvement. Those who continue to stick with the PSP scene still have a few big things to look forward to

DCEmu Newbie

I am greatful and impressed at what has been accomplished I would like to see some enhancements to the emulators that have been realeased.like maybe combining the source code of all the best emulators into one app and giving it a virtual console like gui. that would be cool! Maybe we could have a coder of the year award to get some of these guys motivated with some official recognition and some prizes.I would chip in.

PSP's homebrew scene has almost everything i could ask for so im pretty content. Its the PSP's commercial scene im most disappointed in.

DCEmu Newbie

umm theres nothing to be excited about to be honest the good emulators like gpsp, daedalus and snestyl and havent been updated in uhh months almost a year but the only thing that was exciting was that full speed neo geo pocket emulator thats just my opinion

Not much, since most of the emulators I wanted have been released, but haven't been updated

Also, as MicroNut said: where is StrmnNrmn?

DCEmu Newbie

Im looking forward to see what comes up with the Wii homebrew. Especially a custom firmware of some sorts. Linux with a gui would be nice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information