Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 14 - How Excited Are You In Todays Homebrew Scene ?

well as far as the ds homebrew scene goes its been getting pretty dull but even still when something new comes out i get excited and then i cant wait to try it out

I think the Wii scene and the upcoming Pandora will breath some new life into the homebrew scene.
    And the PSPs homebrew scene is getting better in some areas and decreasing in others.

i can't wait to see what will happen with the wii homebrew scene when the homebrew channel comes out, they have now proven to us in the video that it is possible to make our own channel and i would like to see a linux channel

i can't wait to see if i can install cedega on it, if it works than we can all play windows games on our wiis, but only if the wii would let us read the discs...

DCEmu Newbie

there isn't much to be exited about at the moment.

DCEmu Newbie

not much... everything I want to play it's already emulated, and I thank everyone who made this possible.

I am happy today to see more systems gather up in the homebrew world of course there is some sad news aswell. What i am happy with is more consoles are joining the world of homebrew. Sadly though Xbox and PS3 cannot be modded. Good thing about the PS3 though is legally you can play homebrew games through the Linux OS which as available to use without the PS3 being modded.

Sadly for the Xbox 360 it can be modded but for what i see is that homebrew doesnt exist and what the mod is used for is piracy and playing back up games. Wii is awesome cause it some what reminds me of the Dreamcast days with these somewhat hacks to play games on the system.

Using your PC to make the games play and such. Sadly though cause of firmware updates there maybe a possibility homebrew could die on the Wii but where theres a way theres a will and theres always a new hack. As for the handheld world theres to much homebrewing going on with the PSP,NDS and of course open sourced handhelds.

The most important again is the commercial handhelds with homebrew. While PSP is at the top cause it can do just about anything the DS does and close to what the old Xbox does by half the percentage. But this handheld is getting homebrew releases just about everyday. Nintendo DS is another popular system only this system is not as popular as the PSP.

Why cause its not as powerful but the cool thing about it is that some homebrews or if not most take advantage of the touch screen in which the PSP doesnt so thats a plus. But most games are downgraded and somethings are no so playable like they are on the PSP.

The sad news is 2 consoles that were my personal fav are dieing out or have died. Im talking about the Dreamcast and XBOX 1. Dreamcast is still alive but the community seems to be falling. Now i dont want to upset the world and blame you DCemu but i will anyways lol. Now not to of course say there i something wrong with that cause all people need to move on to newer and better things as DCemu has.

But the quick move over to news for just about any console that can do homebrew quickly knocked the Dreamcast lower and most coders were moving to better consoles. I seen as soon as the PSP was being advertised on DCemu as the most powerful for homebrew it came king for coding for and came king for hobbists and DCemu users to play with.

Dreamcast to me is amazing cause from what i hear its fun to code for and there is strategy to making things playable on the system and sometimes there is amazement in the scene like when the Neo Geo CD emulator was released. Xbox of course was another amazing thing that has died out cause of the newer systems coming and i cant really say thats DCemu's fault at all cause Xbox was more popular on another site then it was DCemu sorry to say but its true.

But i think when Xbox 360 came along people moved along why would be need to play Xbox when 360 is far better whocares about homebrew and thats not me saying the words but thats the words of people who played Xbox.

So again coders moved on and players moved on to far better consoles but sadly Xbox is far better for homebrew but its to easy to code for cause its basically like PC.

I do have to give a high five to DCemu cause when you think about the average gamer then you know what they want and that makes money.

Thanks for the suggestion, I wish it had worked.

simulation credit auto

DCEmu Newbie

Not at all. Very disappointed in fact.

The NDS homebrew scene seems to be all but dead, there are some new games being made that are not very good. But im assuming that is because they are just beginners and should only be a matter of time before they get good.

I still have hope though. Maybe there is work underway on some secret projects which will be big. Nothing has matched the scope of the Lemmings DS project yet.

I have tried attempting homebrew myself but I just cannot grasp it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information