Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 14 - How Excited Are You In Todays Homebrew Scene ?

Blog Entries

Home/News The DCEmu Interview - Question 14 - How Excited Are You In Todays Homebrew Scene ?

A feature i did a few years ago and one im going to repeat now is the DCEmu Interview, a unique idea in which questions are asked by me to the Whole DCEmu Community its a way to learn more about each others and find out what our interests are and much more

Todays Question is How Excited Are You In Todays Homebrew Scene ?

Give your Answer via Comments.

Remember to check out our DCEmu Interview Site to catch up on previous DCEmu Interview Questions

The DCEmu Interview - Question 1 - What Consoles Do You Own ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 2 - Whats Your Favourite Console Of All Time
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 3 - Whats Your New Years Resolution ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 4 - What Got you Interested in Homebrew/Emulation ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 5 - Whats the greatest Game Ever ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 6 - Whats the Greatest Homebrew Console?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 7 - Whats the Greatest Homebrew Handheld?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 8 - Whos the Greatest Homebrew Hacker/Coder and Why ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 9 - Whats the Greatest Emulator Released?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 10 - What Game(S) Would you like to see Remade ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 11 - Whats the Greatest Platform Game Released ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 12 - Whats the Greatest FPS Game Released ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 13 - Whats the Greatest Sports Game Released ?

Blog Entries

With so many interesting developments on so many scenes its the greatest time for any homebrew fans. for a true fan like me it has me buzzing .

Wii Homebrew seems to be the most exciting at the moment but every scene is progressing well.

Well, personally, I get really excited when the coders announce their releases. But, to be honest, it's not as exciting as it was a few months ago. I'm talking about the PSP's homebrew scene of course. 'Cause it's the only homebrew enabled system that I have... Well, it's not as exciting as it was some months ago, because a lot of coders are retiring, a lot of people is bashing, a lot of projects unfinished... Nowadays, all you see that the people really welcome are updates. Updates of old/classic/famous applications, they don't give chance to new coders to show their work, and that's getting the scene a bit boring. Also, the projects I saw started from scratch at the beginning, like gpSP, Daedalus, the Custom Firmwares... they're all almost perfected now. And.. I don't know, a dream's not longer a dream when it becomes true. Like, we can't expect something "exciting" coming from them now. But, perhaps we could expect some new stuff coming in this year. Who knows? Now with the PSP Slim and it's expanded capabilties... Well.. that's just my opinion.

I know, maybe I didn't explain it like I wanted to, but I'm sleepy right now. Haven't slept for a while... ^^;

Not very Excited, lets face it todays homebrew scene is dull!

It's getting more and more dull. I mean, it's because more people are doing it, so a lot of useless programs/apps are being released and clogging up the news page... :\

Don't get me wrong, I know that they have put some effort into it, but most of them are just released for the sake of it... Even if it's been done before. For example ANOTHER vista portal, or another early spin-off Sonic game made in lua.

I mean if people took time with there projects and don't release it straight away then maybe it wouldn't be as dull.

I think it's good, however for the PSP some aren't being updated and finished, as DarthPaul said.

Although, i absolutely CAN'T wait for Wii Custom Firmware!!!

I haven't been excited since Xbox development started drying up a year or so ago. My main homebrew consoles are my Xbox, DS and Symbian S60 phone. As I said, Xbox development has all but dried up, and DS development seems very slow, although there are some very good emulators. As for the S60 phone, the old 2nd Edition S60 phones had far better support for emulators than the current crop of 3rd Edition S60 phones. This is such a shame as the 3rd Ed phones are so much more powerful.

The console I am looking to buy next is a GP2X. This seems like the homebrew machine to have at the moment, but the upcoming Pandora may well eclipse it.

I can't say I'm as excited as I was earlier, but with all of the emus stable and running well I for one am glad to see all the new apps released even if not all are useful to the majority of the homebrew audience.

When I became a Palm owner in the late 90s, having an enormous scene of software already available was excellent. Sure, not all of it was necessary, but I was able to choose what I felt would make me more productive and enjoy better recreation. This sense continued during my later transition to Windows mobile, but I looked on with tremendous excitement as the library for GP32 grew from nil to tremendous after I'd purchased one.

That's where we are now with the PSP. The simple hacking scene has come to a close with the release of every new custom firmware practically simultaneous with the official (kxploits seem like forever ago along with Wipeout proxy redirects), but the non-gaming library is beginning to see a resurgence along with game titles that would have been completely ignored during the SNES hype and in the wake of Daedalus releases.

On the whole I am happy with it.
    Maybe its just been too good for awhile and now folks are taking it a little for granted.
    Hey, where is StrmnNrmn?

DCEmu Rookie

I'm excited about the ipod touch and phone homebrew scene. With the SDK coming out (as in already came out) im especially happy because it will mean more games ^^.

One of my favourites is being worked on by popcap is Zuma

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information