Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Scene on Fire

Blog Entries

Smile Nintendo DS Scene on Fire

Anyone who visits here will be in no doubt that the DS scene with the worldwide support from talented coders is now as good if not better than the PSP and because of the Firmware issues the DS scene will no doubt continue to grow.

Whats your favorite Homebrew/Emulation release so far ?

I love my DS, and would love to enjoy the available homebrew especially considering the commercial game drought in the UK, however it's too complicated.

I'm not blaming anyone, i'm impressed that it could be done at all, but what with pass-me's and needing GBA flash carts and specific wi-fi cards with specific DS drivers, it's just too complicated.

Compared to the cost of h/b on the Dreamcast - console = £10 + the price of a CD-R, the costs to get h/b on the DS is too high, i don't have a GBA flash cart, or a wi-fi card, to spend almost £100 just to play some emu's that i can play on my DC and a few homebrew games does not seem worth it, especially as ive just spent £100 on the console.

DCEmu Newbie

You DON'T need a wifi card to use homebrew on the nintendo ds...All you need is a gba flash cart...

easybuy2000.com x-rom 512mbit for USD $69.99

and a passme

dspassme.com (click on "Order" up top) for USD $24.99

that's about $95 dollars for everything...or you can get a gba movie player with the firmware already updated to run homebrew and passme from dspassme.com and it only cost's $50...

There are many ways to run homebrew...the most reliable and most compatible way is a gba flash cart and passme...

Plug in the passme to your DS, put a demo/homebrew game on your gba flash cart and put it in your DS and start playing!

If you dont' like the passme sticking out of your ds, just get the firmware update by a guy named Loopy, put that on your gba flashcart, plug in your passme and cart, touch the two points in your battery compartment to short them, run the program and in less than a minute your passme is now useless...you can run homebrew without it...and no more health warning screen...it's great!

it took me a whopping 10 minutes after i got my passme in the mail to flash my firmware and start playing homebrew...or if you don't want to flash your firmware, just plug in the passme and put a homebrew game on your gba flash cart and your up and running...it's not complicated at all...

I can see how you say it's expensive to get this stuff...but the thing is, most people already had a gba flash cart so the extra expense of passme for USD $25 is nothing...

It's still expensive. As im in UK postage costs from sites is $#@!, and UK based sites prices seem much more anyway.

I think i'll stick with the Dreamcast homebrew scene for now.

DCEmu Newbie

You could wait for M3 Perfect, then you'll get everything you need in one neat package, all you need then is an SD or a CF card which have a lot more capacity then the expensive flash Carts

Yeah, ive had my eye on the SD one, it looks alot better and is cheaper especially as i have SD cards already. I may get that when it's released.

DCEmu Newbie

I WILL get that when it comes out along with a 2gig sd card

mmmmm...simpsons on my ds...drroooooolll.....

DCEmu Newbie

You dont need all that stuff.I went out to a walmart ant got a max media which take sd cards(very cheap)and d/l maximum overload.Plays backups,homebrew.
    total spent 40 us$.:thumbup:

wow...

Why bump a thread at least 2 years old?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information