Thread: UK Xbox 360 sales up 36% since price cut

xbox 360 UK Xbox 360 sales up 36% since price cut

via Computer and Video Games

Microsoft's decision to drop the price of its entire range of Xbox 360 consoles in Europe has resulted in an immediate and significant sales increase in the UK.

Sales monitor ChartTrack told MCV that Xbox 360 sales have leapt 36 percent since March 14 when the price cut was introduced. While the price of each of the threee Xbox 360 models was reduced, perhaps most interestingly the cost of the entry level Arcade unit was slashed to £159.99, making it cheaper than Nintendo's mass-market friendly Wii.

"During week 11, Xbox 360 enjoyed a 36 percent jump on week 10, which is a nice refreshing uplift for the console" said ChartTrack director Dorian Bloch.

During the same period PS3 sales rose six percent, while sales of all other systems fell. Software sales across all platforms also dropped week-on-week.

"We need to wait two or three more weeks to see if the 360 sales surge will carry on," Bloch added. "I would predict that it will increase again over the Easter period. It's a bit of an odd year for the industry - Easter is early, and doesn't coincide with the end of Q1 - when publishers traditionally release very big games - like it usually does."

Hey, it's says 40% here. Anyway, it's still a good number for the 360

DCEmu Newbie

I was thinking of getting a new Elite, but is it worth it???

depends if u plan on buying many xbla games and classics then the answer is yes, but if u just plan on playing the 360 titles all u need is a premium.

ps3 got a price cut too so you might want to check it out as well.

MS needs to offer the same content to all regions its a bit unfair that UK always gets delayed or restricted from certain games.
    Last edited by pibs; March 18th, 2008 at 23:55.

DCEmu Newbie

well thats no suprose since i bought my 360 pro for the same price as a nintendo wii £179.99 although i didnt get any games.

Demos are keeping me busy for the time being.lol

Thread Information