Thread: Cosplayers set Guinness World Record

General games Cosplayers set Guinness World Record

via Eurogamer

A total of 80 people got together yesterday to set the Guinness World Record for the largest gathering of games characters.

Sonic, Crash, Yoshi, Lara etc. etc. etc. met up on the Millennium bridge in London. The gathering included 30 children from Argyle Primary School, Kings Cross who all dressed up as Super Mario.

"I have had a great day, I have met all my favourite characters," one said. "The best one is Tails from Sonic." Truly inner London education is in a sorry state.

Vivendi representative Catherine Channon turned up to show her support for the event and true dedication to public relations by dressing up as Spyro. "It was a great idea by the folks over at Guinness, but when you get that many game characters together things are always going to get a bit heated," she observed.

Channon declined to comment directly on rumours Spyro was forced to break up a fight between Yoshi and the wolf out of Digimon on top of a bus.

You can watch footage of the event over on the Newsround website.

The record will appear in the Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2009. The 2008 edition is on sale now and is the best book I have ever read in my life. Any appearance of my name in the credits is purely coincidental. It's available on Amazon for just GBP 6.75, which works out at less than 3p per page for goodness' sake.

Lucky kids!I dreamed for that when i was young!

Atleast they didnt get to meet g-man !

DCEmu Newbie

I was invited to that last week, but why would they hold it on a weekday? That's craziness! There are so many London cosplayers, just none who are free on a Wednesday.

Thread Information