Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would be your dream PSP homebrew app that's within the realm of possibility?

DCEmu Newbie

Default What would be your dream PSP homebrew app that's within the realm of possibility?

High ups for me would be...

Quake 3 Port with or w/o Infrastructure Support - possible since the open source code has been released and the settings can always be toned down. The bots and fast paced action make it one of my favorite games ever.

A full functional operating system like Windows XP that comes with programs like an internet browser and something like Word. - Totally possible since that one coder already found a way to run Windows 95 on the PSP at a decent speed.

But the winner would be...

A full functional N64 emulator that uses Infrastructure to let up to 4 people play against each other online - doesn't have to run at full speed, just a playable speed. It would take quite a bit of coding to trick the system into treating other players online as just 3 additional controllers and trasmitting their screens to them. But damn would it be worth it. Perfect Dark and Smash Bros online, can you imagine?

There are so many kick @$$ games on the N64, Perfect Dark (the 2nd best FPS even today IMO), Conker, Goldeneye, Star Fox, Mario RPG, Zelda, Smash Bros, Battletanx, Starcraft (I love RTS and the thought of playing the best one ever on the go is a dream come true.) and dozens of others.

I think this is also very possible with some extraordinary coding since the psx has been emulated (though not well) and the psp is much more powerful than the N64.

remote control for any tv, any manufacturer...
    i'd turn on and off the tvs in departament stores XD

Quote Originally Posted by centroles
    Smash Bros online, can you imagine?

yes i can imagine smash bros online...when rev comes out..oh yeah...and Goldeneye and PD are the best FPS hehe

psone emu that works. crash, spyro, tekken, wip3out, ridge racer, exhumed, disruptor, decent tenchu. Those are just the ones i can pull of the top of my head.

PSone emu, definetly, Re-Playing FFVII-FFIX, ah... GT.. Ehrgeiz.. (BTW I wish I would have gotten that ever for any platform anyways..) Tekken.. Muhaha? With multiplayer would be nice :P

OK my most wanted list -

1. Amiga 500 Emulator running at full speed.

2. PC, DOS/Windows 95 Emulator running at a speed I can play games on.

3. A Virtual PC viewer (like VPN) that allows me to use my PC from my PSP with a great framerate, allowing me to view movies and play games from my PSP.

4. Quake 3 port with infastructure mode.

5. PSone EMU running at a decent framerate.

I think they are all possible. Difficult? Maybe but I'm not asking for a Dreamcast emulator. I think N64 is highly unlikely unfortunatly.

parobolee i hope you've been a good boy because santa doesn't take kindly to greedy children.

I really just want to boot linux.. with an onscreen keyboard... hell it dosnt even have to be graphical. Id want it to have sound and network hardware support too of course.

Then i would like a CPS1/2 emulator. MAME, final burn, etc I DONT CARE! BUT I NEED ONE FOR THE HANDHELD!

Lastley, id like to see the port of scorched for psp completed. thats like... the greatest game ever!

Quote Originally Posted by shizzle
    parobolee i hope you've been a good boy because santa doesn't take kindly to greedy children.
    of course I have, I'm an angel

But that is only my "wish list". I'm getting an Xbox360 (full system) with Oblivion for Christmas. If I got those 5 things on my list it would be Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one

Plus I thought of another -

6. A decent web browser that runs like the V2.0 one but faster and had flash support

Post hmmm

Mine would have to be a GOOD CALCULATOR so i can bring it to my Math class and amaze everyone haha. Also a ps one emulator that would have to at least run FF7 and FF8 Also a port of AIM so i can chat with my buddies on the go

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information