Thread: First PSP beta-test apps taken online via the PSP browser

Blog Entries

Default First PSP beta-test apps taken online via the PSP browser

Source - Joystiq

Since they’ve already begun public beta testing for SOCOM 3 for the PS2, it only makes sense that they’d get started on SOCOM for the PSP before too long. Last night (Monday the 19th), select members of Sony’s PlayStation Underground elite (i.e., the Gamer Advisory Panel) received e-mail invites to register for the first PSP online beta test. The game in question was SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo, and with a little over two months until its November 8 release date, the team at SCEA’s going to need all the help they can get if they want to really make waves with the much hoped for infrastructure multiplayer mode. (That’s playing online, people!) Registering fast enough to make it into any of the PSU’s beta tests is hard enough for games on the PS2, but there’s a special twist with this application: you’ve got to register using only your PSP browser, as there’s no other way to sign up. Of course, this means you’re required to have at least one of the 2.0 firmware updates installed in order to even apply (let along get into the beta itself). If, however, you’re ready with that and have your invitation handy (you did get one, right?), try pointing your PSP browser to http://pspbeta.us.playstation.com and hopefully get started.

I’m sure there are folks out there who’d love to get in on this, but where does that leave me, a guy who doesn’t even own a PSP (but just bought a DS)? It’s hard to say, as I received this e-mail invite despite having never registered a PSP with Sony nor ever indicating that I’d owned one. Not only that, there’s also this restriction: “You may only participate in this beta test with the address to which we sent this invitation,” so the invites are not very transferrable, and I wouldn’t feel right handing out my invitation for someone else to use. (Sorry!) Well, I guess I’ll have to leave the testing to dedicated PSP owners this time. Help make a good game, guys, and please let us know when all the tester spots fill up.

DCEmu Newbie

Their mocking you and your DS. But dont let them get you down, after all you do have kirby and nintendogs!. *sneeze*

-Tryqus

trygus, that actually made me laugh kirby and nintendogs *HAHAHA*

I was able to register with my 1.5 and Tenchu browser, however the Socom Game itself might Require the 2.0 upgrade

has anyone taken the time to try to reverse engineer these beta programs to look for some kind of hole? just a thought

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by WSOUNitePirate895
    I was able to register with my 1.5 and Tenchu browser, however the Socom Game itself might Require the 2.0 upgrade
    nothing is impossible as long we as we've got Team WAB.
    http://www.wab.com/tools/Wab_Version_Changer_V2.rar

Yoshihiro and WAB are proud to bring you
    The First Firmware Trickz for Gamez that need Firmware 1.52
    to run on your PSP and Cant Run UPDATER 1.52 or 2.0
    The System think it's a PSP v1.52 ,v1.0 ,v2.0even if its a v1.5 or 1.0.

DCEmu Newbie

well i hate to burst your bubble but you must get an email to register other wise they delet it
    i got the email and they give it to random people signed up for playstation underground.

im hoping i get selected then i can test it and tell you guys about the stuff (if you want to) but i need to wait 10 days to see if i got accepted
    Also note that the emails have stoped and will not be sent out anymore but they should have more beta tests later on so sign up

Thread Information