Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS(C64 emulator) updated

DCEmu Newbie

Hi crooked !
    Ive tested the emus a second time but its difficult to describe...

Spinals Version is running faster at 2 frameskip - no doubt.
    But Giana Sisters is a little bit slow.
    Perhaps i can fix it with Spinals EMU and Frameskip 3-4.

I have the Giana.nds for a comparsion - look here:
    http://galway.c64.org/gianads/ (great !!!! - look at the graphic/size is bigger than in real EMU).

This speed is my "Reference" for the comparsion.

With Congoblase Version i had to chose Frameskip >5 to reach the speed (circa - i'm not very good in estimating speed differences in Detail...).

Yes - i should not forget that
    http://galway.c64.org/gianads/
    is optimized and is not very good for a comparsion with an "universal" C64 emu - but what shall i do..

but i got some questions:
    Spinals Version: is there a way to save/load the state ?
    Is there a document for the buttons (i thing x/y are changing something when i push the buttons but i dont know what?!).

so - for now i am a litttle bit confused about which EMU is better.... I like the Screen resizing, load/save state etc. of congoblases Version - perhaps he could optimize his Version to make it running faster (and spinal was doing some "hacks" / lowering sound quality i guessed, right ?).

BTW: I see - wenn im turning SID Filter off in congoblase's version its running faster, too.
    So perhaps these are all things what can be done to have it running quicker.

But - for now confused enough (tested the emus this morning - thats a good start for a working day to play giana sisters in the morning ).

DCEmu Pro

Hey Alfonx,

Cool sounds like your having fun!

Spinal's should have snapshots. Pressing X will save a snapshot of your current loaded game. Y should load it.

Another nice feature of Congo's is that you can place folders within the D64 folder that contain games with too many disks to keep track of. Like Ultima 5 for instance, I have a U5 folder for these disks.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi Guys. I have installed c64 on my ds, with .d64 files in the "rd" folder. I don't know what I am doing wrong! I can't work out how to get it to load! Does the c64 program need to be set up to find the rom and load it?. If so, Please would someone tell me how to do it?. Cheers

P.S It's alright now i've worked it out
    Last edited by shodan06; August 24th, 2009 at 19:13.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi all.

At the end i just wanted to say that i'm finally using Congoblase's EMU Version now.

Im really happy to have so much c64 stuff on my ds.

So i think i have an occupation till i'm receiving my pension ..... :thumbup: Thank you coders !!! :thumbup:

OK, i've tried 3 versions now. I'm liking spinal_cord's version: It's fast, but the method of loading is a bit fiddly. Also, some of my games have lots of files in the cart, so the game itself goes off the top of the screen and can't be reached.
    Is there an option to auto-load games like the 'original' FrodoDS does, or could it be added?
    Last edited by jaffacakelover; September 16th, 2009 at 16:22. Reason: one problem solved, for now

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up Great Job

Hi all!

Only for say many, many and many thanks for all persons who had contribute to create/modify this emulator so, thanks Troy, Congoblase, Spinal and thanks to the others.

I try some games and the improvements from original frodo are marked.

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    Last edited by ciabbi; January 14th, 2010 at 12:16.

DCEmu Newbie

Default little tip

Now I'm playing with GP TENNIS MANAGER, its a multiload game and there is a point after a loading that the game simply freeze .

This is one of my favourite games on c64 so I tried to find a solution to that and finally after many attempts I discovered one, and I hope this may help everyone who had this type of problem after a loading:

go to Advance Setup Options and set Normal Cycles and BadLine Cycles to a value that can be "good for the game"

for me, the right combination is
    Normal Cycles [78]
    BadLine Cycles [40]

yes maybe find that values could be take many attemps but i think it's a litle cost for the NOSTALGIA

ps.: If you have a .tap game, simple load it with frodo for win and save a snapshot. Copy the fss in the cartridge and no more problem :-)

ps2.: thank you frodoDS developers :-)
    Last edited by ciabbi; February 3rd, 2010 at 13:24.

Default Where?

so where the hell is frodoDS?

DCEmu Newbie

It is, as Google can helpfully provide, 'the hell' here.... http://gtamp.com/jumpman/

DCEmu Newbie

Hi all,

I would like to take up on improving FrodoDS, especially the speed by using pure assembler code in some places.

But I have problems getting the standard FrodoDS sourcecode to compile!
    There are libnds changes that leave me wondering how to overcome those to get it compile correctly.

Could someone, Troy Davis or spinalcord or congoblase give me a libnds version that frodods compiles correctly with?
    Or other way around a frodods sourcecode that is modified to compile with recent libnds versions.

Because all older libnds versions aren't available anymore on sourceforge.

Thank you!

Thread Information