Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monkey 64 Source Code Released

psp Monkey 64 Source Code Released

It appears our great Nintendo 64 moderator PSMonkey has been harrassed by a few people saying that Daedalus deserves more credit than him, because PSMonkey's Monkey64 is a port from PJ64. Here's more on what he has to say about it:

The Words of PSMonkey:
    "Ok, I ment to post this sooner but was holding off so I can clean up the commenting. Since some people are so hell bent on proving daedalus did everything or I just fully stole every line of code from pj64, I desided to just post anways and if they need suport they can go **** them selfs."

Couldn't have said it better myself, those who criticize are the ones who don't know what a moderator goes through. PSMonkey deserves much credit, since his Nintendo64 emulator was built from thr ground up. He spends a great amount of time trying to bring us what we anticipate the most. I wish I could help with your project PSMonkey, honest to God I would love to help you, but I don't know that much about coding. Cheers to you my friend...and continue onward with your emulator, I'll do my best to keep those who don't know what they're talking about, at bay. If you have a bad comment, then keep it to yourself! You've been warned...

More Info at PSMonkeys Site Here http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk

Additional Commentary by WRAGGSTER

The problem with the PSP scene is one where a lot of people have entered it who have no understanding of whats involved to make emulators and homebrew releases. A reason why we have only registered people comment on the forums is to stop idiots who just like to flame.

Remember everyone if it wasnt for the coders you would have no PSP Homebrew period

Default I'm Back...

Ok, I now have PSMonkey's source code, for those who wish to help PSMonkey on his quest to bringing us the best Nintendo64 emulator of all time for the PSP.

P.S.-To those who post bad comments to PSMonkey will be reported to the DCEmu Webmaster and the Administrators. I don't want to do this, but if you harrass him, then I must.

I just can't believe it got this out of hand. I agree with you 100%. And to PSmonkey if anyone step 11s outta line i'll shut their little 11yr. ass up. You didn't have to release the source to shut them up. But now they have nothing to say. So no worrys monkey i'm with you 100% lol.

omg ppl are so stupid and ignorant form the bugginig psmonkey said it was a emulator build form scratch by that i mean from ground uo it was noo port.ppl should read more about coding and porting just because the name of the emu is monkey64 id osent mean its a port plus both emus will become great pieces of homebrew as matter afact (nothing agaist dadalus) but monkeys emu shoul i the long run be better cus its not port and it will maximis the psp hardware to its max psmokey dont listen to them there just noob your a great coder keep up the good work man best of luck to you . And dedalus too both are great coders

Quote Originally Posted by Wraggster
    The problem with the PSP scene is one where a lot of people have entered it who have no understanding of whats involved to make emulators and homebrew releases. A reason why we have only registered people comment on the forums is to stop idiots who just like to flame.

Remember everyone if it wasnt for the coders you would have no PSP Homebrew period
    I think the same like you. Everybody, who use an emulator (on win32, dos, psp, nds etc.) should respect the work and love every coders work. We can be grateful that they put us their programs free of charge at the disposal.

I couldnt agree with you all more!

QJ needs to do something about the guest bloggers.

PSPupdates forums are scene friendly but when it gets to a new release comments get out of hand..

If there was a way to stop guest postings in that thread then wahoo..

This isnt a case of yoshihiro, he has shown that code has been used from other sources (Dont blame em).

PSmonkey. Ignore the PSPu bunch, dont even look at the comments. Let us deal with them. You just do everything as normal. If i catch you reading the comments i will bite some serious fur :P

Blog Entries

The guest comments over there are a serious problem, even Clay etc disables the comments on QJ promo site news as he knows the idiots will flame.

If Coders feel that their work is being trampled on by sites then i say take action by not allowing sites to host their work.

Yes ive been forced in the past to do actions and it does work.

At the end of the day someone should be moderating the comments and banning if its needed

Its good that you have to be a member to post here... but I dont think the flamers mean what they say... or know what they are saying... By looking at how they compose themselves through text, It is clear that they are only children, trying to get a reaction... ACTUAL people dont behave in such an ignorant manner. Personallay, I dont think that it was necessary to release the source because of wreckless and childish rants.

It really has gotten crazy over at PSPU. I got insults thrown at me just for defending a person who was defending a person who was defending pspmonkey. It really ticks me off how some people are over there. I totally agree with you guys on the whole Annonymous thing. That's why DCEMU will always be the best

DCEmu Newbie

That's why I dont go to those sites, I aint got time for all that ish. Monkey, do your thing, nobody knows you better than you. Dont let this internet stuff really get under your skin. If they really get on your nerves, take a break, you still have other things you can do with your time to get your mind off this stuff.

Keep ya head up
    -Rock-

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information