PDA

View Full Version : Ps2 Games On Xbox

Madrigal
January 12th, 2005, 23:10
Hey im not sure if im aloud to post this but...
Is it possabul to play ps2 games on my modded xbox?
if so can you please tell me how..... please ;D

Darksaviour69
January 13th, 2005, 05:23
no, its not possable. and if you find anything on the net that says it can, its a lie and most likly a virus.

i don't follow thr xbox much but i think the most power full system that it can emulate is a N64

Mental2k
January 13th, 2005, 06:34
"they say" that chankast may be comin to xbox.

I'd say doubtful, isnt the rule you need to be nearly twice the power of the console for proper emulation or somethin?

Darksaviour69
January 13th, 2005, 06:43
I'd say doubtful, isnt the rule you need to be nearly twice the power of the console for proper emulation or somethin?

its a bit more complicated than that, but u could use that very basic rule.

but i doubt that chankast will ever get full speed, my be allmost playable with loads of frame skip or something

Mental2k
January 13th, 2005, 08:30
yeah i just kinda meant it as a basic rule for the non coder.

Eric
January 13th, 2005, 11:09
the dreamcast is 200 mhz and i did hear from some posts and i am not sure if this is true that some people got it loading on a 200 mhz using all the other right equipment for the emu and the xbox is about 700mhz so if thats true it might be possible

Mental2k
January 13th, 2005, 14:02
As darksavior says its not that simple, the DC uses an SH4 processor that is different from the archetecture in a normal pc/xbox processor. The fact is for calculating things like graphics and so on the DC is actually more powerful than an equivilant 200Mhz processor in a pc (i think io read its somewhere like double for games processing, but that could be completely wrong). Plus the additional overhead it would require to emulate the DC, it'd require some pretty tight coding to get it right.