PDA

View Full Version : Cwcheat: 0.2.2 REV.A

wraggster
March 26th, 2008, 06:46
Weltall (http://cwcheat.consoleworld.org/) has updated his Cheat app for the PSP:

Here it is a new version of cwcheat: 0.2.2 REV.A
I did this primarly because of the request of a new code type which was required for some new games like god of war.
This new pointer code type allows you to go trough various levels of pointers till the interested area.
This is it's format
0x6aaaaaaa 0xvvvvvvvv
0xqqqxnnnn 0xiiiiiiii
0×Swwwwwww 0×Swwwwwww
[...]
0×Swwwwwww 0×Swwwwwww
a = the starting pointer
v = the value to store at the found point at the end
q = the offset to add to a each loop(x4) most probably you want this to be zero in this case
x = pointer type (check the normal pointers)
i = offset to add/subtract (depending to x) from the last pointed area in the pointed chains to find were to put v
n = number of times to point (you must start counting from one, so if the level of pointer you want to do is 2 you put here 2 if it's 3 you put
3, the first pointer is considered first level, so if you put two offsets in the third line the value you need is 3)
S = offset type to find next pointer (2 for normal offset(+w), 3 for inverse offset(-w))
w = offset from the last pointed area to find the next pointer

Additionally there were various optimizations which permitted to shrink prx size of about 1500bytes, a major bug fix in the difference search which
in some circumstances could return refusing to search even if everytime was correct and the removal of allocation in the user ram by it to improve
compatability with games. And finally the text reader now stores the latest file opened and opens it again when goin in the text reader (till reboot).

Other enhacements include another major rework of the 3.x version of the db downloader which is now based on libhttp, allowing a greater compatability
and various addons to it. No changes were done to the 1.x version.

0.2.2 REV.A RELEASE
=====================

- [ALL] fixed a bug in the difference search which could lead to an evaluation error making the difference function unusable
in the case that the game allocates more than entire user ram - 50kbs
- [ALL] Removed allocation of user ram for the difference search. This should increase compatibility with never games and reduced the plugin size of about
200bytes.
- [ALL] Various optimizations in the controller management in the menus, additionally some menus now auto repeat just like most. This alloved to reduce
the size of the plugin of 632bytes
- [GAME] Added multilevel pointer codes. This will allow you to track a point in ram by going trough a series of pointer like those seen in god of war.
this is the code type:
0x6aaaaaaa 0xvvvvvvvv
0xqqqxnnnn 0xiiiiiiii
0×Swwwwwww 0×Swwwwwww
[...]
0×Swwwwwww 0×Swwwwwww
a = the starting pointer
v = the value to store at the found point at the end
q = the offset to add to a each loop(x4) most probably you want this to be zero in this case
x = pointer type (check the normal pointers)
i = offset to add/subtract (depending to x) from the last pointed area in the pointed chains to find were to put v
n = number of times to point (you must start counting from one, so if the level of pointer you want to do is 2 you put here 2 if it's 3 you put
3, the first pointer is considered first level, so if you put two offsets in the third line the value you need is 3)
S = offset type to find next pointer (2 for normal offset(+w), 3 for inverse offset(-w))
w = offset from the last pointed area to find the next pointer
- [GAME] some performance optimizations to avoid unnecessary repeated loops and assignments in the pointer codes
- [ALL] reworked, yes again, the db downloader now the 3.x version is libhttp based so it should work better. Plus various enhacements were added and some
additional checks and functions. No changes for the 1.x version.
- [ALL] removed some repeated code this reduced the size of the plugin of 916bytes
- [ALL] now last text file opened is reopened when you go to the text reader

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

No_one_in_particular
March 26th, 2008, 06:53
Up at quarter to 7, posting news ? You're a machine.

watupgroupie
March 26th, 2008, 07:15
sweet another cwcheat. For making codes I don't like this app but in terms of the amount of codes there already is, this program is great. I hope he adds more support for online play. I got bashed at pretty bad at talking about another app so i'm not going to do that. Don't worry, I won't derail another thread.

Seker
March 26th, 2008, 12:44
pointers `? cool

Joe88
March 26th, 2008, 20:39
sweet another cwcheat. For making codes I don't like this app but in terms of the amount of codes there already is, this program is great. I hope he adds more support for online play. I got bashed at pretty bad at talking about another app so i'm not going to do that. Don't worry, I won't derail another thread.

lol

also there should be no support for online support EVER O_O

watupgroupie
March 27th, 2008, 02:10
lol

also there should be no support for online support EVER O_O
It's just not your cup of tea. Thats why I don't even really use this app yet, cause of like no online support at all. Plus if you need this to beat a game, it wasn't worth the money to buy the game in the first place :p

ICE
March 27th, 2008, 03:11
NitePR. Thats all im saying..

Joe88
March 27th, 2008, 04:15
and this is why I dont play PSP games on line
especially in MGS and Socom...

watupgroupie
March 27th, 2008, 05:34
NitePR. Thats all im saying..
Hey someone agrees with me. I said that in the last cwcheat thread and people got angry with me. Does anyone else agree that nitepr is better. And only nubz can't make their own codes :p

ICE
March 27th, 2008, 05:46
Hey someone agrees with me. I said that in the last cwcheat thread and people got angry with me. Does anyone else agree that nitepr is better. And only nubz can't make their own codes :p

I do run a gaming forum called codemayhem lol...

watupgroupie
March 27th, 2008, 07:46
I do run a gaming forum called codemayhem lol...
I know I'm just saying, jeese(in a joke kind of way).

Nocuddle
March 27th, 2008, 10:08
I said that in the last cwcheat thread and people got angry with me.

No1 were angry with u.
U just went defensive mode for no reason. :eek:

However u still can promote ur (hopefully updated) nitepr sumwhere else, this is news section. :D

Back to the topic.... :rofl:

limmk
April 13th, 2008, 19:29
0.2.2 REV.B RELEASE
=====================

- [ALL] fixed a bug in RemaPSP about buffernegative functions which returned invalid values being returned.
- [POPS] Now REMAPSP works perfectly in POPS
- [ALL] Various optimizations in the remaPSP initialization code which reduced the size of more than 200 bytes
- [ALL] Some optimizations in the memory edit/disasm functions which reduced the size of more than 32 bytes
- [ALL] Added a check aganist tries to open a non existant text file with the text reader
- [ALL] Various size optimizations in the cheat search functions which reduced the size of more than 232bytes
- [ALL] Now it\'s possible to define a key combination to access directly the text reader from in-game. You can define the buttons by adding them
to the \"TEXTREAD BTN = \" entry in the configuration file.
- [ALL] Optimized the functions checking for key combinations. This reduced the size of more than 818bytes