PDA

View Full Version : Good PSX Games?

that1guywiththeface
March 26th, 2008, 19:25
What are some good psx games(other than the blatantly obvious like ffvii, ffviii, tekken 3, MGS, etc.)? Please post the required popsloader when you post.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

JKKDARK
March 26th, 2008, 21:43
Most of the RPG titles.

Crash Team Racing
Echo Night
Soul Reaver

Tesseract
March 26th, 2008, 22:14
I'll second CTR, but I'd also have to highly recommend Devil Dice. Great, addictive puzzle game that clocks in at only 72MB.

Civilization II works out pretty well, too. Good for nation-building goodness on the go and only 80MB.

Ultimate warrior
March 27th, 2008, 00:03
Am I the only one who doesn't use popsloader?

jamotto
March 27th, 2008, 04:50
Klonoa - Door to Phantomile
R-Type Delta
Destruction Derby Raw
Vandal Hearts
Mega Man X5
G-police
Pitfall 3D
Disruptor
Revolt
Tobal
Unholy War

all run on 3.52

No_one_in_particular
March 27th, 2008, 06:38
Probably - most people would prefer to have as many games working as possible.

Baboon
March 27th, 2008, 09:11

Nah I don't use it either. All the games I want to work already do on DA's 390v2 (plus you get all the additional emu features with Sonys latest firmware).

I've got these on my stick at the mo...

Einhander (20mb ripped) - quality shooter.
Raiden DX (about 35 mb for the full game) - arcade perfect shooter.
Stirder 2 (about 210mb for the full game) - perfect arcade conversion of an excellent game.
Street Fighter Ex2 Plus Alpha (19mb rip) - pretty cack 3D version but I tend to love anything Street fighter lol.
Soul Blade (32 mb rip) - Top banana!

that1guywiththeface
March 27th, 2008, 16:20
Okay, I bought einhander, thank you gamestop, and it is AWESOME!!! I thought that I remembered playing a demo of R-Type Delta when I was little, nope it was Einhander. So many good memories of one little demo....

Other than that and Delta, what are some good 2D shooters? Those things are fun as hell!

Baboon
March 27th, 2008, 17:43
Other than that and Delta, what are some good 2D shooters? Those things are fun as hell!

DoDOnPachi, In The Hunt, Raiden DX, Ray Crisis, RTypes...

mike_jmg
March 28th, 2008, 04:46
Dino Crisis 2
but mine gets stuck at a video after the triceratops rush :( on every pops version I've tried

that1guywiththeface
March 28th, 2008, 20:44
Hey baboon, how did yoou make your einhander only 20 mb? Mine shows up as around 230 mb. Wait... did you convert a CSO?

Mini Moose
March 28th, 2008, 21:21
Jupiter Strike its lots of fun if you're good at 3D shoot'em ups.
R-Type Delta need I say more?
Armored Core really awesome robot game

just to name a few of my personal favorites.

Baboon
March 29th, 2008, 11:46
Hey baboon, how did yoou make your einhander only 20 mb? Mine shows up as around 230 mb. Wait... did you convert a CSO?

I've ripped out some of the music and movies and put dummy files in etc. The game plays 100% perfect though! :)

PM sent to ya. :D

Orlykthxbai
March 31st, 2008, 00:04
megaman x5/x6 are great games

Bobablob
March 31st, 2008, 04:02
Err... Vagrant Story and Castlevania Symphony of the Night are two of the finest games available. Vagrant Story is pretty unique and quite different from the standard Square-Enix fare. Symphony just has some magical quality to it, hard for me to put a finger on.