PDA

View Full Version : mario kart for psp??

pingoo89
March 26th, 2008, 23:34
err.. personally i think mario kart ds is the best game for ds, even though i dont have a ds. well anyway, i think it woud be possible to port it to psp, i mean the psp is far superior to the ds, and so could support the game, i dont see any reason why an advanced coder couldnt find a rip of mario kart and do what they need to port it. sorry if im breaking any rules by asking for this, i dont think it said not to ask for something like this.

Thankyou

acn010
March 26th, 2008, 23:43
no can do my man....
not even a ds emu will work fast enough to emulate

JKKDARK
March 26th, 2008, 23:48
Also the DS game can't be ported because the source code is not available, so coders can't do anything.

Kaiser
March 27th, 2008, 01:31
Not possible nor would it be legal.

No_one_in_particular
March 27th, 2008, 06:32
Works well enough on Daedalus anyways.

pingoo89
March 27th, 2008, 18:45
Works well enough on Daedalus anyways.

err.. which version, cos on R13 it is waaaay slow.

a bit annoyed to hear it can't be ported, but erm.. i kind of have a copy of the .nds file of mario kart ds, so umm.. i kinda guess its dodgy, but would it be possible to port the source code to psp? i could send the file to anyone who needs (for porting)...

again sorry if im breaking any rules..

JKKDARK
March 27th, 2008, 18:53
err.. which version, cos on R13 it is waaaay slow.

a bit annoyed to hear it can't be ported, but erm.. i kind of have a copy of the .nds file of mario kart ds, so umm.. i kinda guess its dodgy, but would it be possible to port the source code to psp? i could send the file to anyone who needs (for porting)...

again sorry if im breaking any rules..

The source code is not inside the cartridge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_code

acn010
March 27th, 2008, 19:07
lol
it is made by people, ok
besides with the port, it is not compatible for the psp to function right.. it has to be re-written for the psp..but yet again, who knows if it works

Tesseract
March 30th, 2008, 03:17
Crash Team Racing (PSX) has always been a superior game in my book. Go find a copy for $5 in the bargain bin and convert it to an EBOOT. Silky smooth kart-racing goodness. For some reason, Crash Nitro Kart just didn't do it for me....

Pity there's no multiplayer support for PSX games yet.

Eviltaco64
March 30th, 2008, 05:41
You cant port a game to another platform unless you have the source code.

Then after you port it you'd have to modify the source code so that all the touch features of the game would work with the PSP.

In other words, it's impossible unless it's emulated or Nintendo ports it to the PSP (lolzz!11!!one)

-Eternal-
April 3rd, 2008, 01:18
Could be possible, I mean the only thing the mic was used for was to blow up balloons in MP & touch-screen to switch map perspectives AKA both useless.

Then again, copyright issues blahblahblah etc.

pingoo89
April 12th, 2008, 20:04
The source code is not inside the cartridge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_code

I don't have the cartridge I have the actual file of mario kart.. I downloaded it, it contains the source code i think. I know it would take long to port evrything but i think it would be possible.. anyways nvm if it cant.

darkriku2000
April 12th, 2008, 20:26
Ok, one, that's piracy, which is bad

two, the file for the game wouldn't have the src, it would just have the game files, basically, the only ones who have the src are nintendo, and even if they did release the source (which they would never do) then it would take more than an expert coder to port it

jxx2005
April 13th, 2008, 05:10
just play the super nintendo one on an emulator

Benzter
July 24th, 2008, 01:12
This For Kaiser,You Talk Alot About Illegal Stuff.Get Off It Dude.Everything About This Site Is Illegal.Not To Mention Its Sucks.You Can Block My Ip,I Really Dont Care For Your Thread Anyways.Your A Hipacrit.There Is A Link Right On The Top Of The Page For Homebrew.Homebrew On Consoles That Are Copyrighted Is Illegal;Dummy

JKKDARK
July 24th, 2008, 02:44
Please PM him next time, don't post that here.

simpleshady
November 15th, 2008, 18:45
Why not get Snes9x and play classic mario kart.... sorted
not the same i realise but it works like it should unlike ds mario kart which works slow in psp emulators.... and these emulators take time to build, so to get something that slow from that amount of effort.. pointless.... gamecubes are about 30 quid now (best platform for mario kart in my opinion)

Eviltaco64
November 15th, 2008, 18:55
No need to bump such an old noobish thread.

If you want to play a lot of Mario Kart, get either the Gamecube or the Wii.

simpleshady
November 15th, 2008, 18:58
what does that mean?

simpleshady
November 15th, 2008, 19:07
Im not going to be anything else than a 'noob' when i've only just joined the forums haha such a wonderful welcome

JLF65
November 17th, 2008, 09:12
what does that mean?

It means you're practicing "thread necromancy" - a fancy term for bring old threads to life. It's the primary sign of a noob - posting on old threads to bump their post count. Many boards will temp ban you if you do it too often, especially if you've been warned.

So unless you have something SUBSTANTIAL to add to an old thread (like in this thread, if you had a link to some source code for the game port requested), DON'T POST!! Leave it dead.

Eviltaco64
November 18th, 2008, 22:08
Im not going to be anything else than a 'noob' when i've only just joined the forums haha such a wonderful welcome

Excuse me?
I didn't call you a noob, did I?

Whoever posted this thread asked a fairly noobish question. After all, porting a DS game that utilizes the touchscreen to the PSP isn't exactly child's play, and without the source code it's out of the question completely.

spannernick
December 8th, 2008, 20:30
Its a good idea but not as a port maybe a new homebrew game..

If you change the chareters and the name of the game like PSP Cart..:)

Wally
December 9th, 2008, 01:43
God.. Locked.