PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Modified Wii DVD-ROM Drives Now Available

wraggster
March 27th, 2008, 00:47
Newly released at Consolesource (http://www.consolesource.com/affiliates/idevaffiliate.php?id=209_0_3_11)

http://www.consolesource.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/nintendo-wii-d2b-replacement-dvd-drive.jpg

ConsoleSource.com is now offering brand new Wii DVD-ROM drives pre-modified with the new D2Pro Mod Chip. These pre-modified drives are compatible with every Wii console on the market. All you have to do is simply open up your console, swap drives, and you have a modded Wii.

rbervoets
March 27th, 2008, 01:33
bit expensive... $250

____anders____
March 27th, 2008, 01:39
WHAT??! 250$ damn i'm not a bloody millionare.. :D eheh but could be useful though..

here in sweden a new un-modded d2c drive cost about 1500 SEK and a new wii cost 2500 SEK and a d2pro with installation cost 800 SEK so you save a little if you don't buy a new drive though..

but.. 1$ is around 6 SEK i think, so the wii is ALOT cheaper in the us than in a small country like sweden.. too bad everything is so friggin expensive now a days..:(

cashboxz02
March 27th, 2008, 02:03
this completely defeats the purpose of a modchip. only people who cant afford real games buy them. someone HAS to make a softmod for the wii. its just a matter of days...

GODZEROXX
March 27th, 2008, 02:52
I get 250 being a bit expensive all at once. Modchips are used most of the time for running bootlegs or backups.

I don' personally support piracy, but if you think of it one way, 50 dollars a game you are paying off your drive just by getting 5 games... then you start saving some money with future games.

Of course if you are good with a soldering pencil, then their really is no point in getting this unless your lazy lol.

aside from that I think this drive is good and worth the price for those that want a mod chip but do not possess the skills to install it xD

paul3100
March 27th, 2008, 11:26
isn't this illegal?

Its one thing to sell the mod chip but another thing entirely to sell the dvd drive as ready modded! , not that i have a problem with it but surely nintendo seeing this wouldn't be too happy for a start.

paul

geise69
March 27th, 2008, 12:22
Selling modchips is one thing, but drives that are already modded is kind of a gray area. If you can't solder just get the wlip and a socket modchip like the wiinja or openwii. The non socket ones like the wiikey or cyclowiz you still need to solder to the wlip, but not the drive board itself. Way cheaper than $250. Of course you'll be getting one to use it for homebrew. :rolleyes:

____anders____
March 27th, 2008, 14:40
i wonder what happened to the wii-clip??

is it fake or what? no one have written a review or anything for it..
if it's real then all you have to do is quick-solder the chip on the clip and press it on the IC chip.. it's way cheaper than this..
so what happened with it??

R4mbo
March 27th, 2008, 16:05
I know its hard to get a new Drive if your old one is broken, I searched at DivineoCN, SuccessHK and some other companies months ago without success. But WTF?
US$244.95 is way to expensive, omfg.
You could get a new Wii for that.

I would pay around ~120$ for that, but not more!