View Full Version : Some samurai girl...

Napalm-Death
March 27th, 2008, 02:58
Hello guys, look at what I made:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg151/ZweiVoltage/Others/Samurai-Girl.jpg

JKKDARK
March 27th, 2008, 10:06
I liked it until I noticed it's too big according to the rules.

beetroot bertie
March 27th, 2008, 10:35
Yeah, it's too big for a DC Emu sig but nice for a piece of display art.

According to the sig dimensions in the User CP, yours it too tall JKK. I think maybe they changed the acceptable dimensions from something bigger.

Triv1um
March 27th, 2008, 12:08
Yeah it is.

Because he has a maxed sig and more above and below.

(mine is a wee bit too :P)

beetroot bertie
March 27th, 2008, 14:40
Oh yeah. I just thought they swapped it for a "this is too big" type sig if you exceeded the sizes both dimentionally or in filesize. I guess not. I had to reduce the number of colours in my gif to get it under 19.5k - maybe I can get away with more ;)

Triv1um
March 27th, 2008, 16:35
(they are meant to, shhh)

its something like 120 x 500 and 75k- in size.

But i think if the sig image is in those rules, i dont think they dont mind asmuch about the text. Aslong as it isnt taking the piss.

Napalm-Death
March 27th, 2008, 19:07
I liked it until I noticed it's too big according to the rules.

Who the hell said I was gonna use it here? I just wanted to show it off...

To Triv and Beetroot, thanks for the comments. :D

acn010
March 27th, 2008, 19:13
mine i guess is also big...

Napalm-Death
March 27th, 2008, 20:03
Well, if the mods cared about it, they would have told you something.

Shrygue
March 27th, 2008, 20:04
Basially the signature rules go like this:

One 520x120 image of up to 75KB file size and no more than 4 lines of text in normal font size. If it's text only, it's the same height like the image and 4 lines limit. If two images are used, they still must not be more than the 520x120 limit and 75KB file size collectively.

By the way, that's a fine looking signature image - good work, Napalm-Death.

Sonicboy 101
March 27th, 2008, 20:06
Just to say, This isn't a sig, is it? It's a piece of art. I don't know why people think it's a sig (you never said so in your initial post).
Good stuff.

Napalm-Death
March 27th, 2008, 20:40
By the way, that's a fine looking signature image - good work, Napalm-Death.

Just to say, This isn't a sig, is it? It's a piece of art. I don't know why people think it's a sig (you never said so in your initial post).
Good stuff.

Thanks guys. =D Sonic, you're right, it's not a sig. I just made it for art's purpose but this retard (JKK) started the whole "it's a sig" thing.

Shrygue
March 27th, 2008, 20:47
Not a sig? Well, no problem, it's still ace in any case.

beetroot bertie
March 27th, 2008, 21:13
According to the User CP section:

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."

Is this in error then? Not that it seems to matter. 19.5 KB is pretty lean though, but great for improving loading times. Will we be allowed Flash sigs at any stage?

JKKDARK
March 27th, 2008, 21:19
According to the User CP section:

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."

Is this in error then?

Probably. The rules (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=10&a=4) don't say it.

Napalm-Death
March 27th, 2008, 21:23
Please... I made this thread for discussion on my work... not for some ****ing rules that doesn't apply to it...

beetroot bertie
March 27th, 2008, 21:30
Sorry man :o

But sometimes conversations go like that. Just wandered off topic. I liked your work for what it's worth.

Say, anyone watch the game last night? ;)

Napalm-Death
March 27th, 2008, 22:01
Thanks, sorry if I offended you; I'm just tired of seeing this crap (especially from JKK).

Tetris999
March 29th, 2008, 05:08
thats a pretty good piece, just keep doing what your doing your pretty good :P

Napalm-Death
March 29th, 2008, 05:19
Heh, thanks Tet. My problem is that I get provoked easily, so I'm gonna work on that. Thanks for the comment, I'll definitely keep it up. :D

Tetris999
March 29th, 2008, 05:22
Heh, thanks Tet. My problem is that I get provoked easily, so I'm gonna work on that. Thanks for the comment, I'll definitely keep it up. :D

lol you actually read the paragraph? oh well i decided that i kind of misunderstood the situation and i shouldnt butt into something i wasn't even part of

anyway lol, i guess it got to the person who i mean to write it to so oh well lol and i wasnt fast enough taking it down

Napalm-Death
March 29th, 2008, 05:41
lol Yep, I did read the whole thing. It was pretty helpful.

pibs
March 29th, 2008, 06:43
wow did u actually make this? like from scratch no sprites or nothing...... cuz thats what I don't really understand about when people say "create" but they are just really editing certain images found on the web and I just find it quite misleading imo. Not trying to offend in any way because its still an amazing piece nonetheless. sorry if i went a bit off topic.

Triv1um
March 29th, 2008, 12:00
No, he didnt make the render.

Its what you do with the render which takes the work.

But of course, it does take even more work if you make the render, but thats sometime past the possible for my standards anyway.. but still.

Napalm - Very nice work.

Maybe its time you made yourself a nice sig? :P

Napalm-Death
March 29th, 2008, 12:37
lol pibs, no I didn't make the render, I wish I did though. Triv, I think it's time for a real sig, but I have to get all of my assignments out of the way, so I'll hopefully have them done tonight.