PDA

View Full Version : Time to Get your PSPs Fellow UK People

wraggster
September 1st, 2005, 00:08
Ive had my PSP from the first week but now its the turn of my fellow UK people to get their hands on a PSP, tell us your thoughts about the PSP when you get it :)

Good Luck and safe shopping

If you are unlucky searching for one then SuccessHK (http://www.success-hk.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=131&A=50&Task=Click) who sell for $239 or £125 and Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?category=218&lsaid=219793) US$ 249.90 (~139.91 GBP) may be a valid option.

TheShinyDemon
September 1st, 2005, 09:54
Got my PSP at Midnight last night!!!

At last!!

Shame there is no way for me to play Homebrew yet as I am a developer myself and was looking forward to Saying "Hello PSP World" Today.

Guess Ill have to be patient and wait for the good fellows at PsP Dev to show us the fruits of their labour.

For now I am happy playing commercial releases, but rest assured I SHANT be updating the thing!!

Thomas.
September 1st, 2005, 10:51
Just got mine. No probems at all, apart from the dimwit's in woolworths not having Colin mcrae Rally, despite it being "In Stock" on the shelf. Idiots.

My heart stopped for a second as i checked the firmware version, V1.52!

So close.

alexh
September 1st, 2005, 11:02
There are rumours that Yoshisho of WAB has created a downgrade firmware that can go from v1.52 to v1.50 for JAP PSP's... we'll just have to wait to see if UK ones can also be done.

Do not upgrade to firmware 2.00 for the timebeing.

DDD
September 1st, 2005, 11:55
Just got mine from Game in Lincoln, Checked the firmware and OH MY FU%*ING GOD V 1.5, I dont know why or care why just bring on the Homebrew. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D

chrisvenn
September 1st, 2005, 12:08
I got mine at midnight last night from gamestation in swindon and its version 1.52. Also got ridge racer and Tony hawks I wont be updating the firmware.

Does anyone know if its safe to put the Demo disk in or will it update all on its own?

I want to have a look at the demo but dont want to put it in if it will update to 2.0 on its own

shangrula
September 1st, 2005, 12:24
chris, i really wouldn't bother. but it 'apparently' wont autoupdate.

I wouldn't risk it personally but if it does update you can always ebay it and buy another.

hbk2005v1
September 1st, 2005, 13:07
Got mine today very happy spent nearly £300 on it lol got 4 games and a 512 meg memory stick and the charger usb link cable but i did go for the bundle in argos psp with 2 games for £205 pretty dam good offer if u ask me im having trouble signing up it keeps saying tht model nmber is already in use i when i first tryed it just crashed so how do i no it went though u think i should phone sony ?

Tomppa
September 1st, 2005, 13:45
Ahah, well I'm still excited & waiting to see my Pre-Ordered PSP.. Should be soon here..

@ hbk: If you havent been toying with something 'half-legal'/illegal go phone right away.. Or that is what I would do.

Thomas.
September 1st, 2005, 14:08
Just got mine from Game in Lincoln, Checked the firmware and OH MY FU%*ING GOD V 1.5, I dont know why or care why just bring on the Homebrew. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D
I hate you.

Really? Version 1.50?

Tomppa
September 1st, 2005, 15:18
I think DDD is cheating @$$H0l3... Why the fu*k there would be about 0,01-0,5% of 1.5 PSP's?

E:Nothing personal

chrisvenn
September 1st, 2005, 15:23
chris, i really wouldn't bother. but it 'apparently' wont autoupdate.

I wouldn't risk it personally but if it does update you can always ebay it and buy another.

Has anyone tried this and can confirm for sure that the demo disk wont Auto update.

BigDaddyXD
September 1st, 2005, 15:40
You think i'm stupid? :)
I got mine at 9:30 this morning. 1.52 as every PSP in Europe is! And there
was a little note: "blahblah, so before you start playing with your new psp,
make shure you insert the DemoUMD to update your system to the latest
version." So why should i play around with the Demo-UMD?
I won't, until i used the Versionchanger and ported it "virtually" to 2.0!

Thomas.
September 1st, 2005, 16:22
The demo UMD is safe to use.

DDD
September 1st, 2005, 16:22
I think DDD is cheating @$$H0l3... Why the fu*k there would be about 0,01-0,5% of 1.5 PSP's?

E:Nothing personal

what are you on about talk english please :confused:

sagatr
September 2nd, 2005, 02:32
I got my PSP from Argos after reserving at 8:00am. Most Argos were out of stock at 9:30am. I picked it up at 1:00 pm with Ridge Racer for £194.95. My PSP Model number was PSP-1003 and had version 1.52. :D

DDD are you sure you got a UK PSP ? What is your model number ?

As far as i am aware there are two different model for UK which are PSP-1003 & PSP-1004. This is confirmed when you go to Sony website to register the PSP to get a free copy of Spiderman. These two version are either 1.51 or 1.52. :confused:

DDD
September 2nd, 2005, 08:29
UNLUCKY dickwads it serves you right for waiting for the uk release, i hope you all brick you psps trying to downgrade, Anyway love to stay and chat but ive got a v1.5 psp (which i bought nearly 3 months ago) with 1gb mem stick duo, every game released and im currently playing World Snooker, Ridgeracer and tenchu with nearly no loading times at all. :D

Muppet
September 2nd, 2005, 09:09
Aussie gamer here, seems were getting Model 1002K with Ver. 1.52, I'm still trying to get my head around all this homebrew beeswax before I decide whether to upgrade or downgrade. From what I gather 'homebrew' os possible on ver 1-1.50 and there's someone out there working on a way to downgrade 1.51 (and maybe 1.52?) back to 1.50. Just trying to find out what kinda applications (emulators included) are encompassed by 'homebrew' software.

Ah well, back to trawling through the forum and scratching my head some more. :)

BaconButty
September 2nd, 2005, 09:21
NOTHING will auto-update your firmware. NOTHING. This is because, if it tried it while your battery was low or it lost power in the middle of the operation, it would kill your PSP stone dead. So nobody has to worry about auto updates.

infer0s
September 2nd, 2005, 09:35
So is it safe to use the demo disk or it will ayto update the psp has anyone tried it?Also i have medievil resurrection will it play with a v1.52 psp?

BaconButty
September 2nd, 2005, 10:26
It is entirely safe to use the demo disk. Like I said - NOTHING will auto-update your firmware. And, yes, Medievil plays on 1.52.

infer0s
September 2nd, 2005, 11:51
Thanks man!I was afraid of using them cause i want to downgrade ...

hbk2005v1
September 2nd, 2005, 11:58
dam the headphones u get with psp are pretty crap not even loud so im using my own now and it sounds kool

hbk2005v1
September 2nd, 2005, 12:04
can some 1 help me i brought world tour soccer and hate it so im taking it back should i get ridge racer ,everbodys golf ,virtua tennis 2 or any other good games u people no

chrisvenn
September 2nd, 2005, 12:05
The demo UMD is safe to use.

I can confirm this is true :)

It gives u the option to upgrade just make sure you dont like on that button

chrisvenn
September 2nd, 2005, 12:08
can some 1 help me i brought world tour soccer and hate it so im taking it back should i get ridge racer ,everbodys golf ,virtua tennis 2 or any other good games u people no

I got ridge racer and love it :)

I wanna try lumidies (spelling might be wrong) its a puzzle game that looks good

hbk2005v1
September 2nd, 2005, 12:11
i got lumines and love it its so kool so ridge racers is really fun whats the music like

chrisvenn
September 2nd, 2005, 12:17
The music on there is good they got some of the old fav tracks remixed :)

I might pop out and get lumines this afternoon then

I also got Tony hawks THUG2 remix which is just the same as the PS2/xbox version of the game

hbk2005v1
September 2nd, 2005, 12:21
nice have u seen toca race driver 2 tht game lets u add your own music while driving sounds pretty kool

chrisvenn
September 2nd, 2005, 12:29
No havent seen it yet i had it on the xbox but didnt like it that much so wont be buying on the PSP

hbk2005v1
September 2nd, 2005, 12:29
I wish i could play commordore 64 games and amiga games on my psp tht would rock but so far nothings happened any 1 no if wab will be releasing it soon

hbk2005v1
September 2nd, 2005, 12:54
wow i didnt think the mp3 player on the psp would be so powerfull really good bass top sound

DODGYDAVE
September 2nd, 2005, 23:15
Hi from norwich uk got pissed waiting for the uk release so got a psp from canada . All was well until i hired yes (hired) a game from my video store it would not play on v.150 so had to upgrade to v.152 to play uk games so honebrew is out of the window until they crack the firmware versions.(ps virtua tennis is the tits do not buy midnight club a mere under 2minites loading time choosing quick race!!!!)

hbk2005v1
September 2nd, 2005, 23:22
kool so virtua tennis is really good is it any diffrent to virtua tennis 2 on ps2 have u played ridge racer ive heard nothing but good stuff about tht game

chrisvenn
September 3rd, 2005, 20:12
I might have to pick up Virtura Tennis then :) And ridge racer is amazing as i said b4 :)

Thomas.
September 3rd, 2005, 21:36
Virtua Tennis is indeed very good.

Picked up Colin Mcrae Rally 2005 today, such a treat to play, Although a little hard.

chrisvenn
September 4th, 2005, 15:10
Burnout Legends will be good and Gran Turismo 4 mobile :)

Uku
September 4th, 2005, 16:18
Just got mine from Game in Lincoln, Checked the firmware and OH MY FU%*ING GOD V 1.5, I dont know why or care why just bring on the Homebrew.

then this comment later >>>

UNLUCKY dickwads it serves you right for waiting for the uk release, i hope you all brick you psps trying to downgrade, Anyway love to stay and chat but ive got a v1.5 psp (which i bought nearly 3 months ago) with 1gb mem stick duo, every game released and im currently playing World Snooker, Ridgeracer and tenchu with nearly no loading times at all.

so let me get this right , you posted that ya just got yours in game in lincoln on the 1/9/2005 , then ya contradict ya self by saying ya got an import version 3 months ago?!?!?!.

seems like a time waster and attention seeker poster to me. nice posts DDD try reading ya previous ones first so ya dont look like a prat. nuff said , bring on the 1.52 downgrader asap (good work btw Wab)

Greensprout
September 4th, 2005, 21:57
Before the PSP was released in the UK I had a go on several in UK stores..

Dixons, Curry's etc and all were US PSP's v1.5.

Maybe if he did get a v1.5 from the UK it was one of the display models?

:D Not that it bothers me i'm on Jap v1.5

chrisvenn
September 7th, 2005, 08:25
then this comment later >>>

so let me get this right , you posted that ya just got yours in game in lincoln on the 1/9/2005 , then ya contradict ya self by saying ya got an import version 3 months ago?!?!?!.

seems like a time waster and attention seeker poster to me. nice posts DDD try reading ya previous ones first so ya dont look like a prat. nuff said , bring on the 1.52 downgrader asap (good work btw Wab)

Nice work mate :)

kayoss1984
September 10th, 2005, 20:52
You lot are probally gana think i'm a complete newb, ur 100% wright!! i got mp psp on it's uk rel date, i had dead pixels so swoped it, then had shit under the screen so i swoped it again, i installed 2.0 on all 3, whats the big deal with it, it gives you themes and shit!!!!

I fort psp was just for playin games and movies but so far from reading posts on the net it looks allot more complex, like what the **** is a homebrew and a thingymajingy, so on and so on............

Humbug
September 11th, 2005, 14:20
You lot are probally gana think i'm a complete newb, ur 100% wright!! i got mp psp on it's uk rel date, i had dead pixels so swoped it, then had shit under the screen so i swoped it again, i installed 2.0 on all 3, whats the big deal with it, it gives you themes and shit!!!!

I fort psp was just for playin games and movies but so far from reading posts on the net it looks allot more complex, like what the **** is a homebrew and a thingymajingy, so on and so on............

you fail at spelling.

Homebrew is a magic little pixy that comes down and zaps your psp to allow you to play with home made applications and games on a memory stick