PDA

View Full Version : Team Xecuter announces UMEMD for PSP

bandit
March 27th, 2008, 16:55
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa112/dcemureviews/umemd.jpg

The UMEMD for the PSP (first release for the 1000 series) is a UMD shaped device that can hold up to 4 Memory sticks making storage extremely simple and convenient. Simply slot into the PSP as you would any UMD disc and away you go

As the market for PSP's demands users to have multiple memory sticks storing their games or movies this simple yet effective product is the answer to that problem.

Shipping begins in 2 weeks - prices and stockists will be announced shortly.

Source: Team Xecuter (http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47473)

newb_fo_life
March 27th, 2008, 18:13
I'm a bit confused,Does this use the memory sticks as one big memory stick or does it just hold them for you?

myuusmeow
March 27th, 2008, 18:19
Think- it's just a piece of plastic.

acn010
March 27th, 2008, 18:32
its a memory holder that you can store inside the phat psp drive... piece of plastic...
good idea though.

Aryn
March 27th, 2008, 18:38
Actually, this is an excellent idea for those who are looking for a simpler way to carry their memory sticks. However, i would prefer to just use a hard PSP case that can also hold a few memory sticks since it would be more convenient.

No_one_in_particular
March 27th, 2008, 18:45
I'm a bit confused,Does this use the memory sticks as one big memory stick or does it just hold them for you?
Sadly it looks like the latter.

myuusmeow
March 27th, 2008, 18:45
I have a case with a small pocket meant for holding a UMD in, but I just pop my Memory Stick in it's case and put it in there.

YourStillWithMe
March 27th, 2008, 18:48
this just HOLDS the memory sticks? Err i was getting all pumped that we could have 3 memory sticks in the system itself at the same time...damn.

-Yourstill

gamefreak199101
March 27th, 2008, 18:58
this is great for me because since i have like 4 main memory sticks i use, this would be helpful

havoc_012
March 27th, 2008, 19:00
Pretty cool, assuming that its no more than $5.

marzsyndrome
March 27th, 2008, 19:54
I too thought this was a device to allow you to access multiple memory sticks at once through the XMB somehow. I can't help but feel a sense of disappointment.

acn010
March 27th, 2008, 20:00
its a holder!!!!!!
a piece of plastic that cannot be read by the laser

Eviltaco64
March 27th, 2008, 20:12
Eh, seems cool

paladinja
March 27th, 2008, 21:28
its a holder!!!!!!

Oh, but what if it's plastic....FROM THE FUTURE.

This thing wins the "most comments about the least technology" award. An honor previously held by the Wii "sensor" bar.

Let's all refocus our energy on learning japanese so we can more effectively beg NJ to emulate CPS3.

xg917
March 27th, 2008, 22:27
I too thought this was a device to allow you to access multiple memory sticks at once through the XMB somehow. I can't help but feel a sense of disappointment.

yeah i had the same thought. my dreams were shattered..

ab88
March 27th, 2008, 22:54
I just throw mine in the MS DUO adapter (So it doesn't get stuck for being too small) and into the dirve :P

cashboxz02
March 27th, 2008, 23:02
i thought it was something u could put your memory stick in and it would act as a umd. that would be cool for people who dont have custom firmware

Rocksil
March 27th, 2008, 23:10
loooool i thought it was like a removing umd that you can open and put 4 memory cards and be able to run does memory cards from the umd section r0fl but its just sum plastic :S i was getting so over excited over nothing :|

Triv1um
March 27th, 2008, 23:21
Ive actually already done this, i took the disc out of my ridge racers UMD disc. And put my mem cards in that casing.

Why such a thick instruction manual for a holder?!

pkmaximum
March 27th, 2008, 23:32
Hmmm that is pretty nifty I can definently see use out of this, cause usually I'm just too lazy to carry around multiple memory sticks.

:::::::::PS:::::::::::

1000 POSTS!!!! =)

The real
March 28th, 2008, 00:05
Ive actually already done this, i took the disc out of my ridge racers UMD disc. And put my mem cards in that casing.

Why such a thick instruction manual for a holder?!

That's really smart, I'll do that with one of my demo disks that I never use anymore.

smokepsp32
March 28th, 2008, 01:02
UMD size and shape is standard, so how come this is only for psp1000, 101% this can be used for SLim also...

correct me if im wrong...

Buddy4point0
March 28th, 2008, 01:12
i actually already made on of these out of cardboard and have been using it.
haha

The real
March 28th, 2008, 01:31
i actually already made on of these out of cardboard and have been using it.
haha

Cardboard? Could you post a picture? Pretty please with sugar on top?

jurkevicz
March 28th, 2008, 02:48
I just stuffed all my Memory Stick inside the UMD slot and that's it. No more MS mess!

smokepsp32
March 28th, 2008, 03:20
I just stuffed all my Memory Stick inside the UMD slot and that's it. No more MS mess!

might damage your ms bro...

onetwentyeight
March 28th, 2008, 10:45
when will we eradicate that drive all together and replace it with a 1.8" hard drive? i'm all for downloadable drm content like i used to buy for my gp32 from a gamepark endorsed store supplying content at 25% of the retail price of an imported game card. i would love to see the psn store head in that direction. they already have classics and greatest hits available.

Mr-S
March 28th, 2008, 11:21
not bad, i was also hoping the other idea, but stil its good, most psp cases i hav seen hav space for mem stick umd etc. but they still get crushed (R.I.P my metal gear acid disc:P) this is quite good =)

Nocuddle
March 28th, 2008, 12:35
I use this to wash my mouth & then store my 2 MS.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5361/images20005clisterinepope7.th.jpg (http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=images20005clisterinepope7.jpg)

The real
March 28th, 2008, 12:54
I use this to wash my mouth & then store my 2 MS.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5361/images20005clisterinepope7.th.jpg (http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=images20005clisterinepope7.jpg)

Another very smart idea, I'm stunned of your creativity.

Nocuddle
March 28th, 2008, 13:01
Another very smart idea, I'm stunned of your creativity.

I got more ideas if u want to know more, that involves rubber... :rofl:

The real
March 28th, 2008, 13:22
O yes keep em coming <_<.

jxx2005
March 28th, 2008, 15:00
whats weird is
before i even saw this thing
i had been working on designing something similar
but like to the exact specifications of a UMD
so that it can fit in my "Shinra" UMD case

(WOO CRISIS CORE)

Mr.Ree
March 28th, 2008, 16:08
When the PSP boots up does it try reading the UMD drive? I'm concerned about the read head slamming onto a hard piece of plastic every time you turn your system on. Perhaps this case has a soft "landing zone" to protect the head or maybe not. If someone who has knowledge of the boot process could clear this up for me I would appreciate it.

On a side note, there's a product out that is used to repair damaged umd disks that could be used for this purpose. It's a two piece umd shell that replaces the broken shell of the original umd. It wouldn't take much to put a liner in it and use it carry memsticks. I was gonna make one when the weather broke and I start using a smaller case.

newb_fo_life
March 28th, 2008, 17:31
its a holder!!!!!!

Maybe in a few decades... lol

The real
March 28th, 2008, 18:25
When the PSP boots up does it try reading the UMD drive? I'm concerned about the read head slamming onto a hard piece of plastic every time you turn your system on. Perhaps this case has a soft "landing zone" to protect the head or maybe not. If someone who has knowledge of the boot process could clear this up for me I would appreciate it.

On a side note, there's a product out that is used to repair damaged umd disks that could be used for this purpose. It's a two piece umd shell that replaces the broken shell of the original umd. It wouldn't take much to put a liner in it and use it carry memsticks. I was gonna make one when the weather broke and I start using a smaller case.

Which read head? Isn't it read by a laser?

jxx2005
March 28th, 2008, 19:47

if you look at the image on the original post
you can see the side that has the "hole" for the thing that spins the disc, there is also a hole that acts like the space in normal UMDs

marzsyndrome
March 30th, 2008, 18:10
So it would spin the plastic device round and round as well? All those memory sticks might get a little dizzy! ;)