PDA

View Full Version : Cancer patient's PSP, medicine, homework stolen

wraggster
March 27th, 2008, 20:00
In Dallas, Texas, while a 7-year-old boy headed to his chemotherapy appointment Tuesday, thieves were at work on his family’s car, making off with his medicine, school homework, and video games. If that wasn’t enough, it all happened on the day before his birthday.
Kyle Springs and his family drove from Oklahoma to Dallas for a monthly chemotherapy treatment for a tumor in his brain. The thieves struck as he and his parents ate breakfast at a Denny’s restaurant.

“It had my homework and my medicine in it, and I couldn’t leave my medicine. I needed to take it,” he said.

Along with the backpack of medicine, homework, a PlayStation Portable (PSP), and video games, his medical records were stolen as well.

According to Kyle’s mother, video games helped him escape the pain.

“They keep his attention off sitting there, getting that medication that he knows is going to make him sick,” Trish Springs said.

When authorities heard about Kyle’s situation, they stepped up. Officers presented Kyle with a new PSP, video games, movies, and money for his medication at the Children’s Medical Center.

In just two and a half hours, officers from the Dallas Police Department raised more than $1,000 for Kyle.

http://gamerush.zoomshare.com/files/news/002543_Cancer_patient_s_PSP_medicine_homework_stol en.htm

Dembonz
March 27th, 2008, 20:31
Sheesh. So many stories of theft lately...it's really starting to make me sick. Just a couple months ago my PS3, Xbox360, all games, blu-rays, etc.. were all stolen out of my home so stories like these really bother me. You have to protect/watch what you own these days.
You can't trust anyone anymore.

JKKDARK
March 27th, 2008, 20:40
Sheesh. So many stories of theft lately...it's really starting to make me sick. Just a couple months ago my PS3, Xbox360, all games, blu-rays, etc.. were all stolen out of my home so stories like these really bother me. You have to protect/watch what you own these days.
You can't trust anyone anymore.

Oh that's terrible man. You lost a lot of money :(

BelmontSlayer
March 27th, 2008, 20:47
That poor kid, I'm glad that the community was able to help him out. Sadly, thieves don't put faces on their targets. They just look for the cash. I'm hope these assholes get whats coming to them!

Stone Temple Pilots
March 27th, 2008, 20:48
Geez, wragg, why you posting all these depressing stories? They're just making people paranoid. And yes, I feel bad for the kid.

The real
March 27th, 2008, 20:49
Stealing a psp, homework that's not like robbing a bank but stealing his medicine, What the **** man.

Gene
March 27th, 2008, 22:44
Those thieves are the real cancer.

____anders____
March 27th, 2008, 22:58
yeah, they should be killed, executed and all in front of their victims..
they shall feel the pain..

Triv1um
March 28th, 2008, 00:10
That is taking the piss man.

I wouldnt mind my homework been stole though :D

juiceface
March 28th, 2008, 00:13
simply repulsive.. may the kids who stole his medicine get cancer themselfs

PoorKingz
March 28th, 2008, 01:30
Well the kid got everything back (except his homework =o), the thieves have a PSP and some drugs, people feel good donating to the kid, and now people are more careful with their stuff. Everyones a winner XP!

Veskgar
March 28th, 2008, 01:58
Geez, wragg, why you posting all these depressing stories? They're just making people paranoid.
Its good that this stuff gets reported more often and to a wide-ranging audience. People are too complacent and trusting of others. Everyone needs to live with more vigilance in order to better safeguard themselves, their families, and their property.

Ultima Chocochu
March 28th, 2008, 02:54
Poor kid, seriously those thieves should be hit by something and hospitalized
Least he got some good out of it in return, which was good

You really can't trust anyone, it's been that way for a long time now though
These stories sure are becoming more frequent though.

Psyberjock
March 28th, 2008, 03:32
I wonder what the medicine was... Maybe they'll try to take it to get high and get sick and go to the hospital. Then they'll find the bastards.

Joe88
March 28th, 2008, 07:22
I wonder what the medicine was... Maybe they'll try to take it to get high and get sick and go to the hospital. Then they'll find the bastards.

actually they will probably just sell them on the street

CoderX
March 28th, 2008, 11:44
It was possable vicodin and a few other meds. they would have a high street value to them, as high dose pain killers

oooooomonkeys
March 28th, 2008, 12:34
well what goes around comes around karma and all that they'll get whats coming to them one day.