PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for some Coleco?

Eric
March 28th, 2008, 05:56
Yes thats right Coleco has made somewhat of a return but not quite. No not new games but they have made plug and play consoles aswell as Handheld consoles and they are working with Target on selling these products. So you want to relive the past well if your American your lucky but for other countries i dont have much info but if you'd like check out www.coleco.com for more information.

Eric

JKKDARK
March 28th, 2008, 09:58
The only Coleco game that comes to my mind is Carrier I hope they will do games soon.

Eric
March 28th, 2008, 18:31
Okay i got a little bit of an update over looking the website. Well it seems that Coleco has a license with Sega and has created a 22 Sega Master system plug and play console. From the other things i have looked it looks like they have created new games but they arent exactly what you would expect from games today.

I dont know much about Coleco's games but these games are in 2D and almost look liked copied versions of some games back in the day or upgraded versions.

They have also pulled a little bit of the Wii card with some of there consoles. Now the technology looks great but from how these games look i can that it would be aweful playing these games.

There is boxing and something called Virtual-Ping-Pong and they both come with additional controller like boxing gloves for boxing and paddles for Pong.

quzar
March 29th, 2008, 00:00
I have both a ColecoVision and Coleco Gemini. Plenty of Coleco published Sega or Nintendo made 2600 games too. Good stuff.

jamotto
March 29th, 2008, 01:36
I can't find any of the listed coleco products on Target's website. They must be selling them in a very small batch of selected Targets.