PDA

View Full Version : Project E Premo : PS3 hacking via the PSP Exploit

wraggster
March 28th, 2008, 15:14
kid101skater has claimed that he has via the PSP got an exploit working on the PS3, now this does make some sense because as we know the PSP is fully hacked to bits and possibly the most impressive homebrew scene exists on the PSP.

Heres the info that kid101skater revealed:

Ok we have come up with a name for the project and would like to let you know that it's called Project E Premo ( e = exploit ) ... We have also managed to find a way to crash the PS3. We will keep you updated and release more details in the following days. Also we are not posting videos until it's 100% complete... and we will not just release a video... We will also release the project files when we have completed.

Now for the moment take this as a rumour,most hacks get debunked but its always nice to know that groups are trying their best to get homebrew on the PS3 and more interesting if its via the PSP.

sappo
March 28th, 2008, 16:25
ROTFL. When these trolls will stop posting fakes?

PS3 sux. It's not hackable and sucks 2 times because of this. PERIOD.

acn010
March 28th, 2008, 16:28
who says it is not hackable... you fail man

splodger15
March 28th, 2008, 16:43

Do you even have a PS3

Hmm I'm taking this with a pinch of salt its April fools day soon

SSaxdude
March 28th, 2008, 17:07
I would never trust a person with the user name "kid101skater" with finding any breakthroughs in hacking. Plus April 1st is right around the corner.

F9zDark
March 28th, 2008, 17:14

No one said it isn't hackable. It could be, the problem is getting people to hack it. When the PS3 first came out, it was mighty expensive; brick it because you were hacking, and you're out a lot of money.

The PSP also had a helping hand from Sony Japan, who "coincidentally" forgot to activate AES encryption in the 1.0 firmware (so it would run anything put on it...) If it wasn't for that, I don't think we'd have much of a homebrew scene; although 1.0 and 1.5 firmware homebrew discoveries were made around the same time frame, hackers could use 1.0 to reverse engineer the PSP and write an SDK for making games and programs for it.

PS3 is wholly another beast. First we didn't have the helping hand from Sony that we did from the PSP. Secondly, who knows how to program for the Cell? I assure you, no one in the homebrew scene knows. Thirdly, we have to know not only how to program for the Cell, but for the PS3 as well; and although learning programming for the Cell is as easy as jumping over to IBM's website, learning how to program for the PS3 is impossible without being a developer for the PS3, and then anyone who is a developer for the PS3 isn't going to leak the tools to give us homebrewers a helping hand; because surely they'd see their ass in court right quick.

junaed
March 28th, 2008, 18:58
Sappo....U deserve a SLAPPO!

Veskgar
March 28th, 2008, 19:01
Either way, its just my opinion that portable devices make better homebrew machines. I'd like to see the PSP homebrew scene continue to grow.

JKKDARK
March 28th, 2008, 19:06
Sounds interesting. I just hope it's not for april fools :/

omracer
March 28th, 2008, 19:09
PS3 is wholly another beast. First we didn't have the helping hand from Sony that we did from the PSP. Secondly, who knows how to program for the Cell? I assure you, no one in the homebrew scene knows. Thirdly, we have to know not only how to program for the Cell, but for the PS3 as well; and although learning programming for the Cell is as easy as jumping over to IBM's website, learning how to program for the PS3 is impossible without being a developer for the PS3, and then anyone who is a developer for the PS3 isn't going to leak the tools to give us homebrewers a helping hand; because surely they'd see their ass in court right quick.

programming for the cell link here
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/pa-tacklecell5/

don't ask why i put it here i was bored

pibs
March 28th, 2008, 20:15
I call BS, hope they prove me wrong!

ab88
March 28th, 2008, 22:56
I would never trust a person with the user name "kid101skater" with finding any breakthroughs in hacking. Plus April 1st is right around the corner.

Thinking the same thing lol

News reporter: And it seems hackers don't stop. Just today kid101skater released software that allows the running of unsigned code on the playstation 3...

Sif lol

mike_jmg
March 29th, 2008, 01:31
Hope someday this happens for real