PDA

View Full Version : Report: PS3 Condemned 2 Has Audio Issues

JKKDARK
March 28th, 2008, 19:22
via Wired (http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/03/ps3-condemned-2.html)

Players of the PlayStation 3 version of Condemned 2: Bloodshot are reporting that the game's audio has a tendency to drop out or "snap," particularly during the first level.

According to a post on Sega's forums, Sega is currently investigating the cause of the problem, but suggests that using a standard AV cable, instead of an HDMI cable, should fix things in the mean time.

The audio is an integral part of Condemned 2's gloomy and creepy atmosphere. Having it drop out every thirty seconds, as some reports claim is happening with the PS3 version, would all but ruin the immersion and experience. Hopefully Sega will release a patch to solve the problem soon.

Ultima Chocochu
March 28th, 2008, 22:30
The demo it worked fine, but honestly...Is it just me or developer's getting lazier and lazier? There are too many problems with the games they release, and we have to wait longer to fully enjoy a game because we need the Game Update or Patch >.>
It seems to be a new trend.

SSUK
March 28th, 2008, 22:40
The demo it worked fine, but honestly...Is it just me or developer's getting lazier and lazier? There are too many problems with the games they release, and we have to wait longer to fully enjoy a game because we need the Game Update or Patch >.>
It seems to be a new trend.

The Playstation 3 has lots of problems because developers are trying to quickly familiarise themselves with the Cell's CPU architecture while trying to keep to development deadlines and multi-platform compatibility.
A large percentage of games released for the PS3 are actually working fine, with no problems. You only hear about these 'horror' stories (no pun intended) though, which gives the illusion that this is a mass problem. It's not.

Glitches and bugs are also common place in games, especially SEGA games, who, although they hire testers... Don't always listen to their feedback. (See: Sonic the Hedgehog Xbox 360/Playstation 3.)

My personal belief with this problem is that the frequency in which music was saved in for the game. The fact they say that you should use a specific type of cable does seem to suggest that it's a hardware issue rather than software issue. Could be something which causes certain hardware to go 'out of range' and the audio stops and starts.
A simple patch to force the audio to a lower frequency should do the trick, worse case scenario, they release a huge patch which contains re-encoded audio files, which could range from 100mb to 2-3GB.

mcdougall57
March 29th, 2008, 00:41
arent a few other games having problems like this with the ps3? like assasins creed

F9zDark
March 29th, 2008, 16:47
arent a few other games having problems like this with the ps3? like assasins creed

Assassin's Creed had FPS issues, apparently; I never noticed them though...