PDA

View Full Version : PSP-Maps 0.7

royale
March 29th, 2008, 14:38
The new version of PSP-Maps is out, here are the updates: added Windows version to the release
added Google Maps and Yahoo Maps! hybrid views
added Virtual Earth hill view
added a list of available views in the menu
new icon and screenshot
joystick should be less sensitive and more precise
added optional on-screen informations (lat/lon/zoom/view)
geocoding now uses maps.google.com (and not .fr)
load balancing between Google Maps servers
menu updated (smaller font, nicer coding)
readme file was updated
You now have a Windows version distributed in the package, so you can build the map cache on the PC if you don't have WiFi.
I hope you will enjoy this new version :D

http://royale.zerezo.com/psp/psp-maps.png

If you want to have an idea of what it looks like in action, you can check this video of an older version: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=01tgRsq8HIM .

This version is available on my website: http://royale.zerezo.com/psp/
Or as usual in attachment to this thread.

siulmagic
March 29th, 2008, 14:46
good job man keep up the good work, i love your app

anteopimp
March 29th, 2008, 16:18
awesome dude, you work fast :)

blackrave
March 29th, 2008, 17:16
I'm very happy to see all this really, really great updates. It works much better now. Thanks again!

toto
March 29th, 2008, 18:36
merci beaucoup!!

toto
March 29th, 2008, 19:02
Suggestions for the input:
Can we have the possibility to use the keyboard of the firmware? the danzeff OSK keyboard?

For the windows version, we could use a normal keyboard?

Something to think about when everything important is done: the psp can do accelerated 3d! Would be nice when at high level.

DaJesta23
March 30th, 2008, 05:07
um any help. I cant get it to get past loading google maps/map. It just sits there forever. Im on 3.71 m33-5. Any suggestions?

DaJesta23
March 30th, 2008, 22:24
Anyone?, it would even help if you told me that you got it working on 3.71 M33.

simonjhall
March 30th, 2008, 22:50
I originally had this problem, and in the end what made it work (weirdly) is changing homebrew directory from the the 1.50 game directory to the 3.xx game directory. I didn't actually move any files, I just changed the option from the config menu when you hold down the R shoulder when turning on the PSP. That did it!
When I switch it back PSP Maps stops working.

DaJesta23
March 31st, 2008, 04:27
thanks but im already running at 3.xx kernel. What is your umd driver set at?
edit- also just so ya know, i can run the program from the cache of the pc version, but as soon as it needs to load it just sits there forever

simonjhall
March 31st, 2008, 07:57
I'm on a 3.xx kernel as well. I just changed the place where it expects to find the homebrew game files! *that's it*

blackrave
March 31st, 2008, 11:24
You can probably fix it without having to change any settings at all. Just put the PSP-Maps folder in /PSP/GAME371 and it will run using the 3.71 kernel.

DaJesta23
March 31st, 2008, 14:20
Thanks for your replies but that is exactly what im doing. I have my psp on 3.71 M33-5, im on the 3.71 kernel (but i have the 1.5 kernel subset installed) I have PSP-Maps unzipped in my GAME371 folder. It runs except it stays at the green coding competition page, and it says "LOADING: Google map / Maps." I have wifi. I have no clue what the problem is lol.

royale
March 31st, 2008, 15:57
edit- also just so ya know, i can run the program from the cache of the pc version, but as soon as it needs to load it just sits there forever
Do you have a firewall software on your PC? Maybe you need to allow PSP-Maps to access internet.

I have wifi. I have no clue what the problem is lol.
Do you use DHCP?
Some users have reported problems with manual IP configuration.
Do you manage to use network with the official web browser of other homebrews like PSPTube?

DaJesta23
March 31st, 2008, 16:47
Um i dont think my PSP connects through my PC, and yes i have psptube and it works

DaJesta23
March 31st, 2008, 21:05
Do i need to paste this over an older version maybe?

DaJesta23
April 3rd, 2008, 04:33
Nobody knows anything.... oh well lol