PDA

View Full Version : MS Lawyer about PS3 UT3 Master Chief Mod

wraggster
March 29th, 2008, 18:02
When it makes it to Business Week, I think it's time to comment. Many people are talking about the Master Chief mod for Unreal Tournament 3, that allows you to play in the character of the Master Chief on the PS3. Many people are surprised Microsoft is "allowing" this.

Actually it's nothing more than the Game Content Usage Rules in action. When these were developed, people all thought they were focused on machinima. The truth is that while they do address machinima they also allow for a lot of other things. Mods like this are one of them. The developers aren't selling the mod, they're not monetizing Microsoft's IP, they're just creating something to share their love of the Master Chief on a new platform. It's a great thing for us and a great thing for the gaming community. And much though I love my friends at Epic, Unreal Tournament isn't Halo. This will also remind people of just how great the Halo games are and remind them that if they're done with the user-created faux-Halo experience, the real Halo is available only on the Xbox 360. And no one is taking characters from PlayStation games (do they even have any games?) and putting them on our platform...

http://donkeyxote.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!239CCA3F6918F4C1!429.entry

Dbgtgoten
March 29th, 2008, 23:19
(do they even have any games?)

JUST LOL its so true anyways it helps microsoft so theres no point to anger people by filing a suit against it a little more they are taking over the ps3 with masterchief btw thats the new fight remenber the one we finished xD:rofl:

Elven6
March 30th, 2008, 00:06
A while back they opened up a program that allowed you to create XNA games based on those characters, or something like that.