PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Like on a New DS ?

wraggster
March 29th, 2008, 18:17
As any DS fan knows the DS Lite is a massive worldwide hit in the many colours it has been released in.

But recently especially in Japan the DS Lite even though its outselling the PSP on the software front by miles has been 2nd or 3rd in the rankings, one reason for this may be that just about everyone in Japan has the DS Lite by now or that the PSP with its new slimmer and lighter design coupled with the TV Out and other features such as the GPS Adapter and Camera are turning folks towards the PSP.

Im sure Nintendo are privately working on a new revision of the DS but what would we the DS community like to see in a new version.

I think most like me would like a TV Out Option especially when playing games that would be better on the big screen.

More Internal Memory would be sweet (nintendo could always bring out bigger ram carts for older DS users). Personally i would like to see a Virtual Console type system for DS where you could buy Nes, GB, GBC, GBA, Snes and even DS Games downloadable to a cart/mem card.

What Would you like to see on a New DS?

http://digg.com/nintendo/What_Would_You_Like_on_a_New_DS

JKKDARK
March 29th, 2008, 18:23
Oh I thought it had something to do with Mortal Kombat 3 lol :D

Anyway, the actual model is perfect in the design. But if it adds new features on its hardware, I would like a new model.

pcwzrd13
March 29th, 2008, 18:38
Here's my list of things they should add:

1. Some type of storage, like an SD card

2. Ability to transfer virtual console games from the Wii to the DS

3. Built-in web browser and media player

4. Updateable firmware

5. "DS Message Board" for sending messages to other DS and Wii owners and getting news about firmware updates (Like the Wii message board)

6. TV Output

7. More RAM

8. "DS Shop Channel" for downloading demos, themes, screenshots, and trailers.

Hee hee, I guess I'm pretty much describing a portable Wii :-)

paul3100
March 29th, 2008, 18:52
Hey this question gets asked all the time here and everywhere else but ill reply....

1) Blue tooth

2) 2 touch screens

3) Perhaps A built in game like the old sms had

4) more memory rather than that pathetic 4mbs such as 128 mbs or/and option to upgrade

5) changeable covers like on mobile phones

Thats about all i can think of so far

paul

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/194/dslitesolorms2.jpg

spinal_cord
March 29th, 2008, 19:13
I personally would HATE updatable firmware, then we would be in the same pickle psp hombrewers are in, constantly downgrading and bricking the damn things.

I think what ds2 would need -

1. slightly faster, not too fast, keep the cost down.
2. slightly more ram, perhaps 8mb instead of 4.
3. fingerprint and scratch proof.

thats all.

Homerun
March 29th, 2008, 19:14
Music and Video via SD Card.....
Upgradeable Firmware
DS Shop Channel
Ummmm

BoazAdreal
March 29th, 2008, 19:41
I personally would HATE updatable firmware, then we would be in the same pickle psp hombrewers are in, constantly downgrading and bricking the damn things.

I think what ds2 would need -

1. slightly faster, not too fast, keep the cost down.
2. slightly more ram, perhaps 8mb instead of 4.
3. fingerprint and scratch proof.

thats all.
I just want to point out that a 1.6Ghz proc (single core Penryn shrunk down for mobile use) is about $27 according to Intel. It shouldn't cost too much to boost the processor speed, but memory bandwidth will probably be the more costly portion. If it isn't compatible code wise, they could always code an emulator, which they seem more than capable of doing.

My ideal DS would have:
1. Dual DS catridge slots. I usually alternate between my browser and a game. Perhaps Nintendo could add a Home button that exits the current application and returns to the main OS.
2. Faster processor and RAM. Cost has dropped since Nintendo last budgeted out these two things. It would be nice to play more homebrew titles that aren't possible due to slow speed and lack of memory.
3. Possibly a built-in browser? I know that could mean they lose money because they can't sell Opera anymore but sometimes it's not what you can charge but what you give to the customer that hooks them into staying with you.
4. I am only in favor of upgradable firmware IF it doesn't prevent me from using the DS-X or similar homebrew items or my imports. As time goes on Nintendo could add functionality to the DS2, prolonging it's lifespan.

I always felt the next step for Nintendo would be to make a portable GC handheld, as the technology is there and not terribly expensive, they just haven't done it yet. I would love to play Wind Waker or MP while riding the bus or on break at work.

*EDIT* Here is a concept I found:
http://tyrantcompany.com/portable_cube_open.jpg

da_head
March 29th, 2008, 19:44
well besides any obvious hardware upgrades (such as more ram PLZ), i second the finger/scratch proof screen. hell, make the whole thing fingerprint proof plz (or use diff material). currently, wen i just hold my oynx, it gets like a billion fingerprints on it and its damn near impossible to clean with the recommend materials (water and fibercloth)

addman999
March 29th, 2008, 19:51
buy a psp

pcwzrd13
March 29th, 2008, 20:15
buy a psp

I already have one :thumbup: It's so much easier to put homebrew on a DS than a PSP. I mean c'mon Pandora's battery, magic memory stick, flashing custom firmware, and after all that you can brick your PSP. It's not worth possibly turning your PSP into a $200 paperweight . All you have to do with the DS is buy an r4.

wiggy fuzz
March 29th, 2008, 21:56
faster processor and more ram - for the sake of homebrew. and a larger res screen (for the nes emulator)

but of course i'm only saying this because i was just using NesterJ on the psp

____anders____
March 29th, 2008, 22:29
better hardware specs of course, and the ability to transfer VC games like pcwzrd13 suggested would be cool too.

larger screens and built in memory, and cool useful apps like the psp has a webbrowser built in from the start to make good use of Wifi..

that's just the start :D

boy1der
March 29th, 2008, 22:44
wifi pictochat, universal wifi buddy list

Vii_itim
March 29th, 2008, 23:38
the external is perfect
i think what the DS needs it's a tiuch screen like the iphone's
where you can touch in diferent places and be more resisitent

(sorry about the english, i'm brazilian)

Aryn
March 30th, 2008, 00:15
I would like the DS to have a better compatibility with wireless networks and built in PDA functionality. Besides that simply giving the DS the same capabilities as the Wii (minus the wiimote, of course) would be excellent.

masterchief929
March 30th, 2008, 00:41
ok, i have something really cool called 1 gig of internal memory! lol and a usb port. wireless anywhere wi-fi, like if nintendo teamed up with cingular, say $10 a month, or $50 a year.

Zense
March 30th, 2008, 01:00
I'm really sorry that this got really messy and exhaustingly long

The features I think they should add are:
-COMPLETE hacker free wfc play.
-Multi-touch touchscreen
-More Ram
-Better graphics possibilities(better texture rendering or something so that it doesn't look too pixelated)
-I think cartridges should stay, or maybe they can do a big twist and make all games downloadable and stored internal memory. This would make production cost for games much cheaper. But so that people won't have to have a credit card to buy games, I think they should make some wireless service at gamestores which lets you access a list of games or other programs which you can download.
And then you pay the store-guy for the game and get something like a verification key which you then enter on your ds2 and get access to the game. They should make a steam like program so that you won't have to have all your games on your ds2 all the time or that nintendo will have to make game storage cartridges and make the "buy games online" pointless. You can then choose which games you want on your ds2 whenever you have internet access.
I think the ds2 should have maybe room for 8 games at a time so that it won't get so expensive considering memory.
-Other features concerning wifi like the people before have said like wifi pictochat etcetera.
-It would be nice if nintendo made the external bart less of a fingerprint-identifier. I'm not saying that they should improve/change the material. Like, they could ship the ds2 with a rubber-protection case.
-No doubt a better stylus
-I like your ideas about having virtual console on it, but it almost sound as if you want it to be virtual console games exclusively, which would have been cool too, but I don't want the next ds to be this. Maybe they could call it the Nintendo Portable Virtuality(PV) or Handheld Virtuality(I guess you can't have console in its name since, if I'm not wrong, console is the term for a gamesystem you use on tv). There should be a option to transfer the games you've already bought for the wii to your handheld vcon. This should also be protected really good so that only you who have bought the games can get them on your handheld vcon to prevent mass copying of games. You should get the opportunity to transfer games from you hvcon to wii too I guess.
- I guess this is a lot to ask, but maybe the internal storage could be in the new highspeed ssd format, which they are talking about.
Things they shouldn't add/do:
-Let it use a disc format for their games/vidoes which is made uniquely for the ds, so that you can't use it on other things. If they really want to store games externaly then I want them to do it on a cartridge, not a compactdisc-type
-Prioritate(correct me if that isn't a word) graphics over gameplay.
- I can't come up with anything more...

Silas
March 30th, 2008, 01:40
Hmm...
How about it:

-Processors:
Arm9 with 120 mhz
Arm7 with 66 Mhz

-The Graphics engine similar of game cube, don't need to be as powerfull as.
Only one screen 256x640 which could be "touched"( not 512 because some games will lost part of graphics, as yoshi's island 2, and even Zelda PH.)
Compatible with ealier 3D games making them run at full 60 fps with extra graphics filtering of new hardware 3D engine!

-Ram: 8MB of RAM; 4 of VRAM.

-Tv out: Since now it have only one screen, the games for it could be in your tv easily, The earlier DS games could have a option: "only the bottom of screen", "only the top of screen", "full screen".

-A better D-pad, or just add a good analogic.

I think this specifications should keep the DS's inovation, add better graphics and continuing with a good price.
But how could it have a good design???:(It's good question...

Roguemango
March 30th, 2008, 03:04
Hmm...
How about it:

-Processors:
Arm9 with 120 mhz
Arm7 with 66 Mhz

-The Graphics engine similar of game cube, don't need to be as powerfull as.
Only one screen 256x640 which could be "touched"( not 512 because some games will lost part of graphics, as yoshi's island 2, and even Zelda PH.)
Compatible with ealier 3D games making them run at full 60 fps with extra graphics filtering of new hardware 3D engine!

-Ram: 8MB of RAM; 4 of VRAM.

-Tv out: Since now it have only one screen, the games for it could be in your tv easily, The earlier DS games could have a option: "only the bottom of screen", "only the top of screen", "full screen".

-A better D-pad, or just add a good analogic.

I think this specifications should keep the DS's inovation, add better graphics and continuing with a good price.
But how could it have a good design???:(It's good question...

So basically....make it a PSP?

Silas
March 30th, 2008, 03:23
So basically....make it a PSP?

Not quite a psp. Because it will still less processing power and ram than a psp. But with a good 3d hardware engine should produce the same graphical result, with a minor cost than a psp.:p

By the way, I starting to think that DS only is really needing are texture filters:rolleyes:. Nintendo could do it using software rendering. But it must be a hard task for DS...

theotherfreakyguy
March 30th, 2008, 06:32
Just give me tv output with the option to choose which screen to output (or output to two screens). I'm happy.

Mini Moose
March 30th, 2008, 06:34
You guys have to keep in mind that Nintendo aims it's products for the simple minded people. (namely young children. They have no respect for us long-time loyal fans) So I really don't think they'll add anything like a SD card slot or TV out. (especially if the next "DS" is going to have 2 screens)

But I'll really positive that Nintendo will improve it's security system on it. The Virtual console idea is good, I like that one.

As for higher specifications.... I'm really not all that sure it will be dramatically different. But price will play a huge factor for the next gen of DS. (regardless of what the manufacturing cost is)

wiggy fuzz
March 30th, 2008, 08:02
don't recess the touch screen - it gets annoying, pressing it down and getting dust between the gaps.

Da_ALC
March 30th, 2008, 11:11
I think a portable gamecube is very plausable of nintendo in the future, everything fits for it, but it wont be for a generation at least when the hardware is dirt cheap and the gamecube is long forgotten.

As for nest DS, id like to see;
screen improvements obviously:
-much higher resolution and bigger screens
-2 touch screens
-multi-touch and pressure sensitive touch screens

much longer battery life
solar charging panels built in to back of lid

gprs/3g/some kind of mobile link up for wireless access and get rid of wifi, just rely on the mobile (signal and territory setup issues here of course but its plausable)

then of course the usual upgrades, faster, better bader, stronger.

When it comes down to it, when keeping Nintendos low-cost atitude in mind, id want higher res,cell link up, and then just a bit more powerfull, and that would do nicely.

mistac
March 30th, 2008, 12:35
I'd like to see: -

Extra onboard RAM

Better WiFi support, faster with WPA(2) support

USB data transfer to PC for backing up saved games, synchronising bookmarks, etc. (for original cartridges obviously).

Slightly bigger screens.

CrossZX
March 30th, 2008, 12:42
I'd like to be able to play Game Boy Color games on it.

paul3100
March 30th, 2008, 13:41
I'd like to be able to play Game Boy Color games on it.

You can do that already with any number of slot 1 0r 2 cards and the use of an emulator.

paul

DvdXploitr
March 30th, 2008, 16:39
So, people are turning to PSP b/c of accessories? i figure people would turn to a game system for GAMES! Anyway, a couple things a new DS would need for sure:

1) Integrated Internet (Big Plus!)
a) Access to AIM, Y!, MSN, ICQ, etc....

2) Built-in Storage device for saving and sharing game saves, custom characters, scores, or downloaded files off web.

3) Upgradeable Firmware (someone said on another post they hate upgradeable firmware, but that's the best way to bring new features without having to buy a new one)

4) LOUDER Sound! (Sure I can use a headset, but may not always have one on hand!)

5) Bigger Screens (as with many other things, Bigger is Better!)

MillenioX
March 30th, 2008, 18:25
Well Nintendo virtual console built into the unit would be nice just the way Nintendo wii has its VC

but if we wanted games from sega Saturn or any other strong system the unit will have to be strong enough to play the games and other future VC games. <----so that part is a thinker to them so they will just stick with playing n-64 games downwards all the way to the first console the world has ever seen.

other hand it would be nice to have 4gb of internal space for storing VC games

bigger screens

like some guy said dual touch screen

A faster processor like maybe 266mhz or something

some other guy said more ram maybe 128mb

more Vram like 8mb

higher resolution screen like 640x480

and other internal software like internet with flash video player to watch you-tube or other web media videos.

i really dont know what i am talking about lol so there it is just my BRAIN STORMING ideas

-Xandu-
March 30th, 2008, 18:43
I already have one :thumbup: It's so much easier to put homebrew on a DS than a PSP. I mean c'mon Pandora's battery, magic memory stick, flashing custom firmware, and after all that you can brick your PSP. It's not worth possibly turning your PSP into a $200 paperweight . All you have to do with the DS is buy an r4.
Um, Pandora unbricks?

I'd like:
-Media (music,videos)
-External storage (Memory card)
-Firmware update
-Better games
-Built in browser
-More RAM
-Better firmware
-Downloadable (Like Wii ware)
-Virtual Console port (Like POPSTATION on the PSP)
-Accelerometer

Brainy142
March 30th, 2008, 20:18
I hope for community games like the 360 :P

Wicket
March 31st, 2008, 00:56
it just needs a built in organizer or some sort of PDA feature. why bother cramming a browser or mediaplayer in there? those work great seperatly. also could use an instant messenger...and wifi settings should be changable without inserting a game cartrige. and if there's room a radio would be nice.

javichox33
March 31st, 2008, 06:13
OK, if it's the next DS, then it won't be a ds anymore because it will be next Gameboy, and YES the DS is a gameboy they just didn't put it in the name in case it didn't sell.

The next Gameboy will have only one big 16x9 touchscreen, with better resolution than the PSP, the screen will rotate to a vertical position when playing classic DS games which controls will slide from the bottom. For playing downloadable classic GBA games it will feature onscreen buttons (just think iphone snes games). It will come with different memory sizes. It will have 2 mini usb ports for stuff like a camera or pc sync. The screen will be multi touch and feature tilt controls. Mic and speakers will be also included. And to my dislike the system's shape will be oval. The first 2 colors available will be silver-green and silver-red. And the games will have a slightly better look than the gamecube. Don't ask me how I know this.

paul3100
March 31st, 2008, 08:41
The next Gameboy will have only one big 16x9 touchscreen, with better resolution than the PSP, the screen will rotate to a vertical position when playing classic DS games which controls will slide from the bottom. For playing downloadable classic GBA games it will feature onscreen buttons (just think iphone snes games). It will come with different memory sizes. It will have 2 mini usb ports for stuff like a camera or pc sync. The screen will be multi touch and feature tilt controls. Mic and speakers will be also included. And to my dislike the system's shape will be oval. The first 2 colors available will be silver-green and silver-red. And the games will have a slightly better look than the gamecube. Don't ask me how I know this.

All good ideas for some other company but not for nintendo!

Remember nintendo don't wont high powered multi tasking game consoles , No they like low powered / low lost consoles that they can sell cheaper than anyone else.

The nintendo ds for example is mainly aimed at kids as you can tell from the games as is the wii , so kids wont be interested in all that stuff! even if the rest of us want it.

paul

robman84
March 31st, 2008, 14:35
Copied from my own post backin February...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishlist for next DS?

* Keep all of the existing features (Wifi, dual screens, touch screen etc)
* 640 x 480 resolution on screens (with decent hardware scaling for 320x240 - emulation ahoy!)
* Bigger screens (but in same form factor as DS Lite)
* Faster CPU and more RAM (natch)
* Dedicated GPU
* 100% backwards compatibility with DS (and GBA and GBC via legit rom download/transfer)
* Standard SD card (or micro SD) for storage
* Standard mini-usb for connectivity and charging
* Decent shoulder buttons - I hate the ones on the lite
* Analog pressure-sensitive buttons and d-pad, just like the PS2 controllers. Racing games with a digital pad suck, and using the stylus to steer sucks too.
* Unhackable piracy restriction (I know, everything gets hacked in the end...)
* Totally unrestricted homebrew
* Native support for a wide range of movie, image and audio codecs
* 3d tilt-sensors
* 3d accelerometers (hmm, not sure how to spell that)
* Decent standards-compliant web-browser with rapid zooming (like Opera 4 mini)

Not crucial, but nice:
* Multi-touch screen
* TV out would be nice
* DVB-T tuner built-in )
* Bluetooth for audio
* GPS receiver built-in (could allow for some great games as well as navigation and social networking stuff)
* A wider range of colours at launch.
* Dual micro-sd slots

Dream on:
* Cellphone capability )
* Internal flash storage, say 32 Gb like the dinky Creative Labs Zen

Interestingly *all* of the above tech currently exists in various devices on the market. For example some current mobiles (e.g. ETEN X800, iPhone) have most of this stuff in a smaller form-factor than the NDS and with better battery life, and some of the newer ones are about to get the DVB tuners too. The main problem with the phones is they are awful for playing action games on!

I would definitely pay twice the current NDS price for a device with all of the above in. With the cellphone and flash storage, definitely three times the price, if not more.

LemonMan99
March 31st, 2008, 14:41
I want a "Super Smash Bros. Duel" to come out with the release

cutterjohn
March 31st, 2008, 17:17
At least
333MHz ARM9
100MHz ARM7 (and some sort of enticement to developers to actually utilize BOTH CPUs)
64-128MB RAM
single large touch screen similar in size/resolution to PSP's touch screen
better D-PAD & buttons
improved GPU to at least equivalent of PSP's
GB/GBC native support restoration via slot-2

Optionally
some sort of larger storage disk based device

simonjhall
March 31st, 2008, 23:21
From the programmer's point of view,
- up the main CPU to 200MHz
- upgrade from an ARM9 to something a bit more modern
- add a floating-point unit!
- bigger data cache (4k is just stunning)
- better memory bandwidth (10MB/s is NOT acceptable even with 4MB RAM)
- fix the ARM9 memory latency bugs
- 16MB RAM
- up the texture memory to 2MB
- dual-ported texture memory
- remove the stupidly low polygon/vertex limit
- add some texture filtering
- allow a second texture pass?
- off-screen rendering (now I'm pushing it!)

...and the most important, sound hardware interrupts!

mcdougall57
April 1st, 2008, 02:30
bigger screen, better resolution, better specs.... yadda yadda yadda

im sure whatever nintendo makes next will be just as inventive as the one we have now, face it they are the kings of the business.

what i would like to see is an utterly hackable firmware like the psp has :)

Markzilla
April 7th, 2008, 03:56
I'll just go with what simonjhall and robman said.

Cevius
April 8th, 2008, 00:10
Hmmm. Possibly there would be more interest in the DS if there was more integrated functions like a diary/journal, organizer, todo list, etc

Something that will make it more interesting to the adult market, and not just for kids. Turn it into a tool, since all the other touch screen palm pilot systems cost a fortune, and the DS provides the same power for a LOT less

Id like to see a photoshop equivalent app for the DS, built in. Make full use of the touch screen. More power would allow more to run at once...

Possibly the DSAdvance? Im sure technology now will give you 10X the power, in the same setup, while stiill giving you backwards compatibility with the DS/GBA systems...

Oh, and some sort of integrated microSD slot so you can store the game demos you download, or photos, music, videos, etc.

darkeclipse7243
April 8th, 2008, 06:47
they should make the ds have internet, unscratchable touch screen, and more ds color combinations:D

Dragonic
April 8th, 2008, 06:56
I think that the DS could be really good if they made an OS to it. In the new DS I want:

- An OS, so the DS support multi-tasking and such things. It would be possible to run programs in the background.

- Two great processors, both of them should be strong and work fast.

- 64MB - 128MB RAM. The memory must be good.

- Gamecube grapics or better :)

- Bigger screens, bigger than the PSP screen.

- Some included programs like: A Word program, PDF Viewer, Organizer, A really good graphic program :D, and things like that.

- SD/MicroSD card slot, maybe two, so you can store a lot of things.

- Some built-in harddrive space so you can put some files there if you don't have a mem card. Maybe as big as 1GB or something.

- Silent buttons, they should not make any noise when you press them.

- Really good touch screen. Even better if it supported multi-touch.

- A good network card, so you can connect to all networks, even those that have WPA/WPA 2 encryption. It should be a 10/100 card or something like that.

- A mini USB 3.0, for really fast transfer. You should be able to change the contact so it is 2.0 for older computers.

- Ability to run older games. A built-in emulator for NES, SNES, GB/GBC. You can buy the games over the net, so you get them to your machine directly.

- DS/GBA compability. So you can play the games that you played on you DS.

- Built-in rumble function.

I have some more ideas but I'm tired of writing :). Well, this is the bigger part of all the things that the machine should include. I hope that Nintendo will make a new console soon. I will never be like this, but some kind of would be nice.

wiggy fuzz
April 8th, 2008, 13:55
a wooden chassis

Zense
April 13th, 2008, 00:52
a wooden chassis

:D

I want to say some more: They should make it totaly equipment free. With that I mean that it should have everything from the beggining, because my idea is to have everything ON(integrated) the DS, not outside or connectable with the ds. So it could come with all the great things we have seen lately for it, with the exception of guitar hero on tour, that strange face-making camera and the ball-on-table-rolling thing :S. That means: rumble, motion-sensing(would be cool to have something as great as the iPhone's), (ram-expansion-lol), I can't remember the rest,if any.

abcgsh
April 23rd, 2008, 02:33
By the love of whatever there is out, just more RAM!

Really, I think they overlooked that component horribly.

NEPtuned
April 23rd, 2008, 19:45
Well I'm a DS user for a few months so I may not be so deep in the topic but here are a few suggestions for the "DS2"
I'm from Poland and it's probably the only country in Europe (world?:P) were PSP outsells DS drastically! It's mostly because Nintendo has no interests to make their way into new territories (they earn quite enough on Japan US and west EU markets). There is no support of the DS here (Games sometimes cost more than those for ps3 which are huge for a Polish university student - sad but true)and the 2nd hand market of games is a joke. Furthermore I live in a smaller city were WiFi hot spots are only in few places. Basic on this info I would want to see Nintendo starting to support their products! Downloadable games from an online market sounds great but sadly Nintendo is far from being known as a vital supporter of online play.
I think that one touch screen perfectly suffice for the console. But i would like to see the screens bigger and with better resolution. i only hope that the size of the console itself won't change (it can become slimmer:P). Losing weight and longer life span of the battery would also be a step for a better, lighter future. Things like fingerprint proof or built in web browser/media browser are not that important.
Better technical specs (at least like those which psp presents today) but they should be even better. I understand that Big N has a different vision, gameplay firstly than visuals, but those can be joined together, right?
OK it was a long post (hope that someone bothers reading it:P) cheers!

masterchief929
April 23rd, 2008, 20:20
I think that the DS could be really good if they made an OS to it. In the new DS I want:

- An OS, so the DS support multi-tasking and such things. It would be possible to run programs in the background.

- Two great processors, both of them should be strong and work fast.

- 64MB - 128MB RAM. The memory must be good.

- Gamecube grapics or better

- Bigger screens, bigger than the PSP screen.

- Some included programs like: A Word program, PDF Viewer, Organizer, A really good graphic program , and things like that.

- SD/MicroSD card slot, maybe two, so you can store a lot of things.

- Some built-in harddrive space so you can put some files there if you don't have a mem card. Maybe as big as 1GB or something.

- Silent buttons, they should not make any noise when you press them.

- Really good touch screen. Even better if it supported multi-touch.

- A good network card, so you can connect to all networks, even those that have WPA/WPA 2 encryption. It should be a 10/100 card or something like that.

- A mini USB 3.0, for really fast transfer. You should be able to change the contact so it is 2.0 for older computers.

- Ability to run older games. A built-in emulator for NES, SNES, GB/GBC. You can buy the games over the net, so you get them to your machine directly.

- DS/GBA compability. So you can play the games that you played on you DS.

- Built-in rumble function.

I have some more ideas but I'm tired of writing . Well, this is the bigger part of all the things that the machine should include. I hope that Nintendo will make a new console soon. I will never be like this, but some kind of would be nice.

also a 1.5 to 2.0 megapixel digital camera

at least 3 gigs of internal memory

blue tooth like the wiimote has(imagine all the hacks that would come from that!)

of course with the blue tooth u need to be able to connect and interact with ur wii

something that resembles itunes, windows media player

play, pause button on the outside with a screen for when u play mp3's

better piracy protection

and last but not least, the ability to make u toast! xD rofl

wiggy fuzz
April 23rd, 2008, 21:53
i've got one that everyone will agree to...

a ban on shovelware for the handheld. i can list all the culprits *cough*ubisoft

evilzippy
April 24th, 2008, 03:55
one thing thats only needed for me is wpa access plllllease i want to horde lots of net stuff on my ds turn it into a portable item .... that would allow me to stream films from my pc to watch any where .......... yes even in the toilet it gets lonely in there lol ........I would be well impressed if nintendo could give the ds a tiny bit more power just to play total annihilation the classic version with half decent ai 8)

jazzat_135
April 25th, 2008, 03:44
A PSP style "analogue stick" would be great especially since using the d-pad in 3D games is really difficult. Maybe a Micro SD slot or something for media playback. The touch screen should be able to sense two points of contact for easier typing and also the side of the DS should have two stylus slots. Updatable firmware would be good and a Wii style menu. WPA SUPPORT!!!!! That and hardware/software upgrades.

juntok_abot
May 6th, 2008, 06:38
able to download games directly from internet :D

Game King 1555
May 18th, 2008, 09:44
I would like to see on the newer/updated DS:

1. A built in Digital TV signal tuner/receiver kinda like the Japanese TV card for DS except it is built internally and instead of the SEG1 signal in Japan, it picks up digital signals like the ones that will broadcast in the first month of 2009(called DTV signals. Search Google for more info)

2. slightly bigger to hold the more improved chip sets(for better sound, graphics, and more) and the TV card.

3. DS VPC like the Wii's VC exsecpt portable hence the "p" in VPC and a way of transporting/converting Wii VC games to the DS VPC. VPC games will be held on a GBA type cart with a SD/CF cart slot in slot 2 and a DS cart will boot it from slot 1 and from there you can Transfer VC games from the Wii to the DS VPC or download(buy) from a hotspot(wifi) location with "points" from a credit card, wii points card, or a ds points card.

3. Both screens are touch sensitive, not just the bottom screen.

4. Cellphone built in or addon for PAY-AS-YOU-GO plans, and company plans.

and thats it