PDA

View Full Version : Problem solved (yet still need help)

Triv1um
March 29th, 2008, 22:52
Righty, I want to rip the sprites from Wonderboy III - Dragons trap

Because I want to make a little animated gif, how is it done?

(or can you find me a sprite sheet of it, ive been looking for weeks)

How do the people do it?

EDIT - I think i have it sussed. I have the sprites, just putting them together, see how it goes

EDIT 2 - Ive made it, but its saying i cannot upload animated images?! WTF?!

Tetris - How did you do it?!

Tetris999
March 30th, 2008, 07:57
you said you had it already animated? did you do the animation in photoshop? (some people use flash)

anyway, i saved my gif as 32 no-dither (you do this via the option: Save for web/devices)

then i just uploaded it and it worked

remember to tone down the colors in sprite avvy, a sprite needs about 16 to 64 colors, no more and it reduces the size DRAMATICALLY

the reason i was probably able to upload and it and you couldn't is the filesize, mine is only 6kb's big and well under the forums limit

Triv1um
March 30th, 2008, 13:04
I used Adobe Imageready...

It was stupidly easy. I was going to use flash, untill i noticed how easy Imageready was.

It only a crappy simple animation anyway, i just love wonderboy.

EDIT - Right, it aint working.

It is alittle to big (I thought it would change itself when uploaded), I made it smaller; yet it made it BIGGER in file size. The bigger one is only 12.55kb. Yet the smaller one is 29.31kb

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/triv1um/my-wonderboy-sprite.gif

This is the bigger one... help me :(

Napalm-Death
March 30th, 2008, 13:25
I have never heard of Wonderboy until now, but I can't wait to see your work. Hurry up and put it on!

Triv1um
March 30th, 2008, 13:45
Lol, no need to be excited..

Its just a crappy this to put as my avatar. I will made a more interest one later. But look in the above post. Thats it, but it wont upload, because its animated.

Tetris999
March 30th, 2008, 14:43
if i recall the forums size limit was 100 by 100 pixels and thats 110 by 100, and also the sprite is pretty big

you might have to make it smaller to get a better filesize and resolution so it can fit

Triv1um
March 30th, 2008, 20:00
Okay, this is 100 x 91, and just inder 14kb so its under the allowed 19kb.

Still saying "you cannot upload animated images"

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/triv1um/my-wonderboy-sprite-photosh.gif

Confused :(

EDIT - Right, now i am pissed.. I have got my mate on here to test it on his account, and it works.

What the fork?!

Buddy4point0
March 30th, 2008, 20:18
pm kaiser

Triv1um
March 30th, 2008, 22:14
Done, thanks.