PDA

View Full Version : pmf and atc3 question

bacalacadaca
March 30th, 2008, 05:38
ahh i messed up on the title but i meant to put at3.

I'm trying to make a pmf and an at3 so my game can have a video and sound to it but im having a hard time finding a at3 maker or converter i know sony owns them but is there anything that lets me make an at3 i know goldwave lets you but i havnt been able to find a codec for atrac 3 that works

but i also want to know how to make a pmf

can anyone with experience lead me through the process

MicroNut
March 30th, 2008, 06:15
UMD Tools.
The only way I know of.

Did you try this codec?

Here is a test at3 that works with the attached codec.
R-TypeD_Intro (http://www.fullburn.com/audio/R-TypeD_Intro2.zip)

bacalacadaca
March 30th, 2008, 06:56
yeah i have umd tools but its a drag to restart my pc to boot into windows xp thats why i want a tutorial to carry on when i go to windows xp since i can only get online when im on vista

and for the codec where do i place the file?

MicroNut
March 30th, 2008, 07:12
Right click on the .inf and choose to: Install

pmf's are a biotch... have fun :)

bacalacadaca
March 30th, 2008, 08:50
thanks your codec worked but in a tutorial it says to change the name of the file to .at3 after its done sabing but it doesn't really do anything it just stays as if it was the name rather then prompting me that it will change the files attributes damn i just want to learn this so i wont have to run into that many problems anymore

MicroNut
March 30th, 2008, 09:11
What tut are you using?

And do you have hide file extensions checked?
Uncheck it if you do.
Tools > Folder Options > View

If you don't want to do that
When you save the file put quotes around the whole name with along the .at3 extension, just like this: "name.at3"
then it wont matter what file type its saved as in the program.
The .at3 file type will be the extension used.

bacalacadaca
March 30th, 2008, 09:52
thanks for the info but i used a freeware program that changes the file extension maybe your way will work better

now im just trying to figure out how to extract the video with no audio in avi format do you know of any programs?

i tried using winmenc but for some reason it doesnt have an avi profile anymore

MicroNut
March 30th, 2008, 10:24
You really use a freeware program to change file extensions?
Its probably malware... what is the name of it?

Its been a long time since I did this.
Looks like there are plenty of guides to try here: dump pmf to avi (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-25,GGLD:en&q=dump+pmf+to+avi)

bacalacadaca
March 30th, 2008, 11:57
i finally made a pmf since i came across an old tutorial to create custom gameboots and the at3 file i had made actualy worked thanks for your help micronut

edit: damn spoke too soon not even the background image worked this time well atleast i know how to make pmfs

MicroNut
March 30th, 2008, 13:41
lol!
Cool, no problem.
Like I said making pmf's isn't a perfect science...

bacalacadaca
March 30th, 2008, 13:59
haha its like 5 am over here haven't gotten any sleep