PDA

View Full Version : 2CH Homebrew Web Browser Updated

wraggster
September 1st, 2005, 22:56
Mr44 has released a new version of the Homebrew Web Browser for the PSP, heres whats new in this release:

- Mono font fixed (may still be strange sometimes)
- bug fix (partially)

Download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/2chwebbrowser.shtml

dkwan20
September 2nd, 2005, 07:14
Just wondering how the web browser performs?? does anybody have any reviews??
I want a web browser but if i update to v.2.0 all my emulators etc.. on my psp won't work anymore is that right?? So is this my only other alternative for a web browser w/o losing my emulators??

PSP_Newbie
September 2nd, 2005, 07:43
yes you will lose all emulators, homebrew, everything unliscensed by sony by upgrading. Im not sure about this one, but theres also a tenchi no mon browser ripped from a demo disk and edited to launch the browser. that one isnt too bad, but its not as good as the 2.0 one, but i dont know about this one... either way, i never found much of a use for a browser on psp. its fun and all at first, but after the initial, "Woot! i got a web broswer on my psp!!!!" stage, any browser isnt very useful on psp under normal cercumstances(IMO)
if i were you, i would stay with 1.5
and that would definately be nice if someone took the time to write a review comparing the web browsers(2.0, 2CH, Tenchi, Wipeout), those r the main ones anyways

ForteGSX
September 3rd, 2005, 00:19
But still, my question stands... How do I get this thing to work? Ive tried everything and it freezes when its obtaining the ip address.

Cap'n 1time
September 3rd, 2005, 02:09
But still, my question stands... How do I get this thing to work? Ive tried everything and it freezes when its obtaining the ip address.

You have to set up your ip on the machine manually. DHCP isnt supported.