PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Like to See in a New PSP ?

wraggster
March 30th, 2008, 21:14
The internet was buzzing the other day with news that Sony had a graphic of Sony 3000 on the website. Its no surprise that Sony are working on this, the worldwide success of the PSP Slim which is now available in a mass of colours and the beating of Nintendo in Japan points to the fact that Sony are now on the ball with the PSP Slim, the addition of the Camera and the GPS Addon and Skype add more to what is a very capable console. Sony have really now managed to do what the Gizmondo failed so badly at, infact for me the best part about the Gizmondo was the rather brilliant satnav program. If Sony can rival that and even be as good as tom toms etc then the PSP can move into markets that can extend the reach of the PSP even further.

Saying that what can Sony do in a new revision of the console, for me a touchscreen and Keyboard would be a welcome addon, soon the PSP will be able to have 16gb of additional space with new memcards from Sony. One addition i would also like to see is a virtual console for the PSP with not just PS1 Games but Genesis, MegaCD, Colecovision etc (obviously nintendo games wont be doable)

OK ive had my say, what would you like to see in a new revision of the PSP ?

tgm123
March 30th, 2008, 21:33
make it easy to hack lol

JKKDARK
March 30th, 2008, 21:34
I would like to see an OS on the PSP

**1_Man_Matrix**
March 30th, 2008, 21:34
Second analog nub

Seker
March 30th, 2008, 21:35
will be :P no worries

touchscreen/doublescreen

cal360
March 30th, 2008, 21:56
Well what I would like is a more durable screen. Almost all PSPs I have seen seem to be scratched, my own has a really annoying scratch that creates a rainbow effect. I would really like a casing for the PSP that wouldn't scratch so easily.

dankbeats
March 30th, 2008, 22:27
A second analog nub and a much better d-pad that I can play fighting games on. A video player that can play any files without conversion And how bout a tazer? The psp is looking sexy in the eyes of potenial muggers.

Triv1um
March 30th, 2008, 22:31
Fingerprint proof casing (also over screen)

Second analog nub

Flash memory

Bluetooth (for wireless headphones etc.)

L2 R2 buttons.

OtherOS would be amazing, but thats just a dream.

Built in TV tuner

Better processor

Yeah, this would most likely be a PSP2 with all my hardware changes though :P

irishwhip
March 30th, 2008, 22:32
some games worth playing
PROPER tv out
2 analogue nubs

Baboon
March 30th, 2008, 22:41
some games worth playing

Yep that gets my vote! lol :rofl:

There's only a handful of quality games and a huge selection of shite. If it wasn't for pops and all the emulators then my psp would have gone a long time ago.

jxx2005
March 30th, 2008, 22:48
maybe a 2nd memory card slot
another analogue nub would be alright
i dont much like the idea of touch screen
bluetooth compatibility
a better on screen keyboard (maybe like the PS3 one)
possibly paired L and R buttons (like normal ps controllers)
some kind of bluray UMD (technology of bluray and style of UMD)

thats all i have

thefanaticgamer
March 30th, 2008, 23:22
It should definatley be given dual touch screens and a crappy onboard mic.

Or rather that that I do like the idea of a much sturdier screen thats glareproof and harder to scratch. and maybe more ram(although I am only have a phat and not a slim so...) blue tooth would be nice and much more useful than IR. It would be nice if they could extend the battery life a bit too

jamotto
March 30th, 2008, 23:35
A faster mips processor and more ram and flash space. Bring back the old latched umd drive cage.

shoey5
March 30th, 2008, 23:39
1. Bluetooth Support for stereo bluetooth headsets and possibily other devices, say keyboard, bluetooth game controller so you can say play wireless with the PSP outputting to a TV, that would be cool.

2. I like the OS suggestion someone posted. Bump on that

3. Bump also on the touch screen, could be useful for things like web browsing and open the door to new possibilities, apps and games.

4. Even longer Battery Life. I'd rather have a Slim PSP turned back into a FAT PSP due to the nice FAT battery :)

5. More Storage, 16 gigs is good, 32 is better, 64 will you get the idea.

BTW, for scratches on the screen on your PSP in general, just two things.

1. Use a screen protector film, first thing I did when I got my PSP, it got some scratches on the protector, I took it off and put a new one, my screen is in mint condition.

2. Logitec PlayGear Pocket Case - Easy to use the unit in the case, easy to take it out and strong as hell to protect the body of your PSP from scratches.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
March 30th, 2008, 23:41
Proper support from $$ony and some decent "AAA" titles...

Buddy4point0
March 31st, 2008, 00:08
more durable
longer battery life
dual analog, l&r buttons
more power, processors, gfx cards (psp-2)
comfortable design
slim, foldable, fits in pocket well
better wifi, faster internet, more technology
inovative technology
built in large memory

more than just a gaming system

xzentrico
March 31st, 2008, 00:11
Sony won't add any additional hardware because that would mean new games would be unplayable on older PSPs. So,

this is what I am guessing they are adding:
a decent amount of flash memory (1GB to 4GB)
a better D-Pad
a better battery (either it has more power or it's more energy-efficient)
built-in bluetooth technology
a hard to crack hardware/software

this is what I wish to see in the next PSP (which won't happen in some 7 years):
touch screen (not dual, why two???!!, several Sony Ericsson phones have this, why not the PSP?)
second nub analog
flash memory of either 16 or 32 GB.
bluetooth technology
motion sensor (it won't be like copying the iPhone since there were several Sony Ericsson phones with a motion sensor years before the iPhone appeared)

mavsman4457
March 31st, 2008, 00:23
This should be a vote so we can see what people truly want in a new PSP. My votes would go to:

L2 R2

Dual analog

Vibrate/rumble

Bluetooth

Motion/tilt sensing

No UMD

Touchscreen

Smaller for better storage

Phone integration through a carrier like AT&T and skype when wifi is available (ability to play online through a carrier, without ridiculous fees, to make online play incredible)

Built-in FM transmitter (This is just not even plausable but I would like to see it)

Obviously a faster processor, better graphics, but this would certainly be a PSP2

Edit: And I think that the idea of dual screens is ridiculous. First off, it's useless, second, would the next step be to include a Wiimote with every PSP?

andwhyisit
March 31st, 2008, 01:04
Dual analog
Any games made using the second analog stick will not work on older PSPs, Sony said so before the arrival of the slim, I doubt they would change their mind now.

How about this:
- 500MHz
- UMD Lock (Stop your UMD from flying out)
:D

Triv1um
March 31st, 2008, 01:08
If they made like a digital analog nub much like one that, that f00 f00 guy does. It would work.

(up = /\ , down = X , right = O , left = [])

Ive used one, its better than expected.

callsignAPOLLO
March 31st, 2008, 02:28
A 40gb hardrive built-in with 2 memory card slots and the ability to transfer files onto and off of the hardrive.
A more durable feel to the psp.

http://i16.tinypic.com/8eqdjj8.jpg

Shiesty
March 31st, 2008, 03:33
- a holder for a pen and paper

- 3 analog nubs

- game gear cartridge slot

- dvd drive

- rhinestones

- fax/printer

pkmaximum
March 31st, 2008, 05:44
No offense what it comes down to for me is just really one thing:

Better commercial games...... there just isn't that many great titles for the PSP and I'm not sure if the PSP ever has many blockbusters or any at all. FFVII Crisis Core? God Of War? and GTA Stories (1,2)... thats all i can think of. Which isn't a lot for considering how long the PSP has been alive.

In a homebrew aspect I would like to see ups on the hardware... but hey that means more money and at that point I think a Pandora console, sounds good. I'm not really impressed in which direction commercial games have been taking for the PSP.

The way Nintendo said they make there games is, if the game isn't fun for all age groups then they don't factor it in as an option. No offense I want FUN out of my system I feel I don't get it many times with any commercial games.

Zin0099
March 31st, 2008, 07:01
hackable with hdd and 2 mem stick slots and also i beleave the next psp after the 10 years is over they may consider a umd-blu-ray drive!!!!

MillenioX
March 31st, 2008, 07:23
Well what i want to see on the psp 3000 is

1) internal 4gb memory storage

2)blue tooth so people can use blue tooth head phones or maybe a wireless controller like ps3's for remote play???

3) more ram 128mb or 1gb DDR

4) a little more ram in the graphics like maybe 64mb

5) better built in web browser software the ability to see flash videos on any internet hot spot.

6) better TFT LCD non glare plus viewable in the sunlight with out trouble and touchscreen support.

7) also a clam shell design like the way laptops and the Nintendo DS

8) Better buttons also L2, R2, L3, R3 buttons and dual analong

9) the processor and the built in graphics card must reduced voltage for better battery life but keep it at top notch at the same time. so its same speed and power but lower voltage and watts to go with it.

10) longer range on the wifi and very low consuming power.

and thats all i got to say about psp brainstorm ideas.

MicroNut
March 31st, 2008, 16:48
1. Homebrew enabled
2. ISO locked down to a "portable" copy with something like a PSN key.
3. Increased battery life.
4. A more robust built in low battery eating MP3 player.
5. More on board memory

Broadus
March 31st, 2008, 22:36
Well, homebrew support, of course, but how about two damn joysticks AND SOME GOOD GAMES. Especially some FPS games that don't suck.

No_one_in_particular
March 31st, 2008, 23:12
1. Better games
2. Another analog nub ffs.
3. More RAM
4. Longer battery life
5. Better performance (upgraded processor/graphics)
6. More storage, be it a 2nd memory card slot or an inbuilt HD
7. Bluetooth
8. Better browser (block images/copy & paste/flash 9 support)
9. Fingerprint-proof casing
10. Repositioned speakers which actually have the ability to be loud?

andwhyisit
April 1st, 2008, 02:35
2. ISO locked down to a "portable" copy with something like a PSN key.
Would be nice if Dark AleX could/would do that. Dark AleX has way too much faith in humanity.

Tirram
April 1st, 2008, 07:39
PS2 emulation

Art
April 1st, 2008, 13:35
I second the keyboard, even if it has to open like a laptop,
and also the TV tuner and/or FM tuner biult in.
Art.

michalt441
April 1st, 2008, 15:15
700 mhz
more ram
l3 and r3
l2 and r2

also i would like in new psp to be possible to connect a usb mouse and use it instead of analog nub.

if that ever happens then it would be killer :D