PDA

View Full Version : Spotlight on the Nyko Theatre Experiance

wraggster
September 2nd, 2005, 02:51
The Nyko Theatre Experiance (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=psp-nte) is a rather cool looking accessory for the PSP, heres a photo:

http://www.divineo.cn/divineo/images/products/psp-nte.jpg

Heres the features:

The Nyko Theater Experience for the PSP enhances your films while on the go. Designed to maximize the multimedia features of the PSP, the Theater Experience allows films to play longer, sound bigger, and look fantastic. This is done through a rechargeable battery (included) that makes play time last 3 times longer. Also comes with built in stereo speakers and a stand able to hold the PSP at 5 different angles for optimal viewing. The Theater Experience comes packed in a stylish, shock and water resistant, aluminum case.

Anyone got one?, post your likes or dislikes of this item Below (via the comments)

urherenow
September 2nd, 2005, 03:54
It does not have 5 different viewing angles. I would hardly call it water resistant either. The headphone and power jack areas have this plastic cover thingy that doesn't stay closed. Also, don't plan on putting anything else in there. I can barely close it with an extra memory card and the cleaning cloth thing on top.

Sound: Sounds very nice for movies if you don't have too much background noise. MY buddy has no problems, but mine has a poor ground somewhere because the speakers have this annoying whining sound. It's even there when you plug it in to charge (even when the PSP itself is turned off, goes away if I remove the PSP. It's probably the ground on the internal post for the sound). Take note that this is just mine and my buddy has no problems. We both got ours online and I'm in Japan so it's too hard for me to try and exchange it.

Sure is a sturdy sucker though. Big too, but come on... it's a THEATER experience so it's not really meant to be carried around in your pocket like that. Charging the PSP with it works simply great.

Cons: This may be due to my case being defective with the speaker whining thing(or the fact that in Japan they're on like 100VAC while in the US it's 110~115VAC, but it simply takes forever to charge the sucker!