PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Each Firmware

YourStillWithMe
September 2nd, 2005, 05:29
Ok, i'm sure all of you know about the program UMD dumper which is used to make an iso (ONLY if you own the game people! dont be a pirate!) Obviously when you do that if the game has a required update on that than that is dumped (transferred as well) so is there a way we could decrypt the 1.51 update onto the psp's memory stick if the UMD requires a 1.51 update? we already have 2.00 but did we decrypt 1.52 yet? Getting all of these decrypted and obviously comparing them could help us to see how Sony is reacting to the homebrew/ISO scene and sort of predict there next move sort of speak in a sense it will help us to understand how Sony is blocking us from using homebrew also a copy of the 1.50 update decrypted would be sweet too so we could find those differences at least. Lose anyone? Maybe my idea has been thrown out there before. . probably but im just trying to promote ideas to others.

yah_mon
September 3rd, 2005, 07:11
I just got an idea - what if we tried to use the WAB versiion changer, to try and load an earlier firmware onto the PSP. It could be easy, because instead of running the update off the disk try and get it to run off the memory stick?

I dont know anything about hacking/programming so please correct me if I said something wrong.