PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV for DS?!

Shrygue
March 31st, 2008, 15:54
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=185773)

A French retailer sent the internet barmy this weekend by listing Grand Theft Auto IV for release in June... on Nintendo DS.

The release list - which you can view here - pinpoints the supposed handheld version for a June 15 release, although that's still the first and only thing we've heard about it.

Rockstar and Nintendo are yet to comment on the news, but if proven true it wouldn't be that surprising. After all, Grand Theft Auto has already been released on Game Boy and Game Boy Advance.

Presumably then GTA IV on DS would be a more traditional top-down setup, especially as we imagine the handheld would burst into flames if Rockstar attempted to render Liberty City in 3D.

paul3100
March 31st, 2008, 16:00
Very nice if it did/does come to the DS but if its just the usual top down as you say Shrygue then i probably won't be interested in purchasing it!

Though i guess it depends on what it looks like, never know it could be a very small cut down version in 3D cause look at ninja gaiden and its lovely graphics.

paul

Echo1
March 31st, 2008, 16:53
April fools, anyone...

cal360
March 31st, 2008, 17:03
April fools, anyone...

Could be, but like Shrygue said Rockstar has already released GTA on other handhelds. It would be quite a reduced game though and I'm not sure if it would be worth buying. What it could be is a collection of mini games of a 2D platformer or just a mistake so I would just forget about it until its been officially announced.

JKKDARK
March 31st, 2008, 17:35
That would be awesome, but of course I will not expect good graphics.

top-down setup would be terrible, no more please.

Pilot_51
March 31st, 2008, 17:57
They'd be better off releasing GTA2 on the DS in all its top-down comical glory. That's still my favorite version of GTA, albeit because it's the only version I've spent more than a few minutes playing.

I'm sure this is just an April Fools joke, there's just too much going against it.

XDelusion
March 31st, 2008, 18:09
If only they could do a game like this only set in the Star Wars universe. :)

wiggy fuzz
March 31st, 2008, 18:24
why would it be called GTA IV anyway? GTA DS would have been a little more viable...

Brainy142
March 31st, 2008, 21:50
april foos joke... a lame one...

Narutonoor
March 31st, 2008, 22:23
Prolly April fools, what I don't understand is, we've seen games like Ninja Gaiden DS, if the time was really spent they could make a decent 3D GTA game for the DS.
It would just be a ridiculous download for us DS emulators :O

Pilot_51
April 1st, 2008, 03:02
It would just be a ridiculous download for us DS emulators :OThat's one reason it won't happen.

eggs
April 1st, 2008, 11:46
It's probably an April Fools, but i reckon it'd be easily possible for them to make a DS version of the original GTA which was a quality game.

AntBUK
April 1st, 2008, 15:29
the first GTA FTW! with the london expansion as well :D

robman84
April 1st, 2008, 18:19
Obviously the GTA franchise has been on handheld before. However if this is an April Fool's joke then they are the ones who look stupid as this was reported in MARCH. Sure the reveal could be on April 1st, but where's the fun in that?

wiggy fuzz
April 1st, 2008, 19:41
gta advance sucked hard, it took a franchise and turned it into a jittery blurry 2d mess