PDA

View Full Version : Old Member Needs Bit Of A Refresh!!

RoAdK1LL
March 31st, 2008, 20:26
Hi people.

I'm after some advice. Basically, my PSP has been tucked away for quite some time now and i've decided to dig it back up, blow of the dust and try some new games for it.

At the time I was running the 'latest' 3.10fw:rofl:
I take it things have moved on since then? This is the 1st time i've looked into the PSP homebrew for a while and i've NO idea what is new or what firmware/programs is required for the latest iso's?

Could you please me help out or point me in the right direction...:o

Thanks

JKKDARK
March 31st, 2008, 20:29
The latest custom firmware is 3.90 M33-3

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101266

RoAdK1LL
March 31st, 2008, 20:48
Thanks for the quick reply.

Would I need to upgrade my firmware to play newer iso's or would I get away with my 3.10? If so is there a recommended fw to go with?? I'm not bothered about having the very latest fw, just one that is a preferred choice with other PSP users is good for me.

Cheers

JKKDARK
March 31st, 2008, 20:51
You have to update your PSP because probably most of the newest games are using the firmware that was being used at the time.

RoAdK1LL
March 31st, 2008, 23:56
Ok. I shall look into updating.
Was thinking of updating to 3.52 M33-4 after having a look around.
Would I just update straight from my 3.10 OE-A to the 3.52 M33 then go from that upto the M33-4??

Hope its simple, been reading about a Pandora's battery and all sorts lol!!

RoAdK1LL
April 1st, 2008, 21:14
All sorted.

Now running 3.71 M33-4

Just wondered about old emu's? I remember last year to play SNES roms, a good emu to use was the Snes9x and Daedulus for N64. Are these still the best emu's??
Forgot how to set them all up but i'm sure it will come back. Same with the PSX games... :S

No_one_in_particular
April 2nd, 2008, 19:16
Yeh, they are.

Daedalus is upto R13 now, though.

To install it, just put the folder which contains the eboot into your PSP/GAME150 folder (unless your kernal's set to 150, in which case you'd have to put it in GAME370*).

*To check which kernal you're using, turn off your PSP, and when turning it on hold the R-trigger, so you enter the Recovery Menu, there you go into Configuration, and there'll be an option to change it, telling you what you're currently using.